My screwed up weekend. Fri-Sun 10/5-7

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
My screwed up weekend. Fri-Sun 10/5-7
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post My screwed up weekend. Fri-Sun 10/5-7 Reply with quote
Dudes,

Well, I've got things all out-of-whack and apparently, this Saturday is BAD for AD&D since my in laws are coming to stay with us (and play board games) Sat night. In my dotage, I thought that was next weekend. Point of fact, the next few weekends are busy, busy, busy so the move to Saturday nights is delayed for a few more weeks. We can play tomorrow night (Friday 10/5), but we'll need to start at 9 and wrap up a little after 12:00.

I apologize if this has everyone thrown into a tizzy and hope that the late change-of-plans does not inconvenience anyone too badly. Please LMK if you can make it tomorrow night as there are dinosaurs and such to be slain. Wink

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
X im in

Amul says, It is known that ............

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
X - I'll be there.

Hey - lookout behind you!

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ladyrogue

Post Reply with quote
X - We shall be there.

And this is how it should go!

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Now that i think on it. Where are all the dinos? We have seen some rhinos, elephants, and some other prehistoric mammals. But, we have only seen Pteranodon/Pterodactyl.

MMMMmm, i wonder if we could capture a dino and sell it?? (Are there rich people who would collect such a thing if we found one?)

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Weasel wrote:
Now that i think on it. Where are all the dinos? We have seen some rhinos, elephants, and some other prehistoric mammals. But, we have only seen Pteranodon/Pterodactyl.

MMMMmm, i wonder if we could capture a dino and sell it?? (Are there rich people who would collect such a thing if we found one?)

Be careful what you wish for Allen - Tony might be all toO willing (and maybe even eager) to accommodate your request! Besides, you saw King Kong - capturing the giant ape didn't turn out so well did it? Sad

Last edited by Iguana on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mushin228

Post No Thugee...Be careful I am not there to save your buts Reply with quote
unfortunately....I have no baby sitter! Will have to go back to the drawing board...or pay that other one. See, Talk with everyone Sunday night.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sorry for the mix up Mike and catch you Sunday night.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mushin228

Post Reply with quote
will now have to figure out babysitter for sat and or Fridays now. Larry joined a new guild in WOW...enough said. I will keep everyone posted.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
X - I will be there. Can't figure out to embed cool dino picture from my tablet. Embarassed

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ Mike (and obviously everyone else)

I had thought, and really wanted, to move our session to Saturday night, but unfortunately, my weekends are just madness through Nov. That means Friday is really the only reliable night I have until December.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Game was fun last night! The cliffhanger was .................. awesome! Shocked

BTW, Amul made lvl 5!

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:29 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mushin228

Post Reply with quote
Sorry I missed it so what happened?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
The short version:

We camped at the base of the mountain. The party needed a day or two to process the all the meat from the elk. (our rations were low; elk and dino jerky needed to be made. The party was accosted by a dino-armadillo creature during 3rd watch that did some damage, but we were able to put it down.

The following morning the party climbed the mountain using the rope of climbing. (a near vertical climb!)
A brief encounter with some Pterodactyls while we were climbing. (we batted them away)
The crows reached the summit to find out that we were on top of a volcano!
The party spends the night in sub- 0 temp. Frostbite damage for everyone. (it was perhaps the coldest night we have ever spent!! It was colder than......)

The following day, we ascend into the caldera valley. Here it is very warm and tropical on the valley floor.
The crows spot a village. The village is about 100 people (guessing), and is set up for fishing the large lake that is in the center of this volcano.
The natives seem hostile at first, but after figuring out we are friendly they accept us. (And, I mean accepted us. The villagers have no concept of personal property. Simply put, what they have is yours and and what you have is theirs! The characters are all assigned to live with different family groups. We are one with the community!!

*** Amul mentions that 'our sister' paladin Sierra is an unmarried female to his village community. *** Razz Wink Laughing
(i though it might be nice to inject some military-style practical jokes!)

People of note:

THE CHEIF - a small stone statue - (this might be a god idol), but we are to respect it and talk to it as if it were a real person.)
Oo-lot - "the talking chief" ; seem to be the leader, is very old, friendly, scarred
Fon-o - village shaman - old leader type (worships the "sky god" )

After staying and being totally befriended by the village, the village elders ask us to destroy the 'devils' that live on an island in the middle of the lake... This island is called "Taboo Island" these devils hunt/ capture/ and prey on the villagers.

Party sets off across the lake to attack the 'devils'. Upon our arrival, we find "ancient ruins" ....... (the city of the ancients!!!).

The crows begin the attack. Moving to single file (due to a narrow hall way) the paladin is attacked by 3-5 spear men. These spear men raise the alarm. After, 2-3 spear men die they fall back to what seems to be a large room beyond the hall way. (we suspect that there are many combatants waiting for us.)

END SESSION !

Ending notes:

Several party members made 5th level.
We suspect that these devils are nothing more than evil humans in 'devil' costume.
No gold or items where found. But, we did find a nice village and what seems to be the "city of the Ancients"

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Nice recap Allen! I'll add that we killed 5 of the "devils" at the entry (thus clearing the choke point) and wounded one of their leaders (a spear guy) who took 17 hits and fell back with the rest of them. Sierra is up front with Narsil behind her and Rollo behind him (and the rest of the party behind in single file) and she can see many more including archers in a large room beyond. All but two fell back and Sierra and Narsil killed the two that were left behind and it looks like they are waiting for us to charge into the room so they can let loose with arrows and spears - and that's where we left it.

The hallway was filled with rubble so we could only go single file and they were defending the "choke point" at the end of the tunnel so we couldn't really bring all of our forces to bear. Only two people could fight at a time including one with a spear. Next session is looking like a scrum from the getgo and should be exciting...

Lorinar also made 5th level and finally gets 3rd level spells! Too bad I don't have one memorized at the moment... Cool

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: