Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
Rhollo wrote:
Will not be able to make it tonight. Have an early morning meeting at the beach on Friday and need my beauty sleep.

Sorry to hear that Jim. Did you have any thoughts on what you might want to play?

Was thinking I would like to play a reformed street urchin of some type (rouge, brawler, confidence man, etc.), wanting to get out of a gang. Or maybe, putting on the appearance of the above to run a con of some sort.

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Thu May 18, 2017 8:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
@ Jim,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at our advanced age, beauty sleep doesn't really exist. LOL

Safe trip man and we'll see you next week.

I beg to differ; I am so pretty, so pretty… Laughing

See you next week, have a great camping trip.

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Thu May 18, 2017 8:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Fun game last night...I was very impressed with everyone's roll-playing. One of my favorite things about 5e is that it allows for more RPing because it is much more streamlined.

I have changed the next part and its a bit more difficult so please feel free to level to 2nd before we play next time.

Thanks.
Fri May 19, 2017 9:22 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We can RP like that in every game if we want to. It's just more likely to occur if the game is somewhat sandboxy. I think our PF games just get hung up in reaching milestones. Also, as a player, I tend to force conversations and RPing as I figure the combat bits will come along at wtvr point the GM wants them to.

Was really fun though, clearly evidenced by the fact that we went a bit long without even noticing it. Good group and always fun playing in a new setting where you have a sense of wonder and discovery. I'm assuming that meeting up with the Red Feathers is our 2nd level milestone.

Also, I've stickied the thread for convenience. Thanks for running and thanks to everyone for playing.

Fri May 19, 2017 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
We can RP like that in every game if we want to. It's just more likely to occur if the game is somewhat sandboxy. I think our PF games just get hung up in reaching milestones. Also, as a player, I tend to force conversations and RPing as I figure the combat bits will come along at wtvr point the GM wants them to.

Was really fun though, clearly evidenced by the fact that we went a bit long without even noticing it. Good group and always fun playing in a new setting where you have a sense of wonder and discovery. I'm assuming that meeting up with the Red Feathers is our 2nd level milestone.

Also, I've stickied the thread for convenience. Thanks for running and thanks to everyone for playing.

This adventure is very sandboxy but I will also guide you along using the Militia DM tool. If you all want to explore or go on side adventures in between your duty to the Militia I have several side adventures you can do in addition to a dungeon crawl that can be divided into 3-4 parts.

I had planned that finding the Merchant (Dead or Alive) would be the milestone but we RP'd a lot so we didnt get to it but I wanted to make sure you all leveled at least once a session until 3rd. So the end of next session you will get 3rd and then after than it will be awhile for 4th. At least this way you are experiencing each level for at least a session.
Fri May 19, 2017 11:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
I should be good for next Sat. Do you all need a brawler for the party? I'd like to pound some face since I'm playing a witch in the other AP.

Sat May 20, 2017 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Bass BB wrote:
I should be good for next Sat. Do you all need a brawler for the party? I'd like to pound some face since I'm playing a witch in the other AP.

Sure...any fighter type would be good or even a war cleric.
Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
XCoconutmonkey06X

Post Reply with quote
So are we 2nd already then? Master Kisada is eagerly awaiting access to his Ki, lol

Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
XCoconutmonkey06X wrote:
So are we 2nd already then? Master Kisada is eagerly awaiting access to his Ki, lol

You are indeed 2nd level.
Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message
XCoconutmonkey06X

Post Reply with quote
I, too, am really enjoying the RP element. First time I have ever played with TM when he wasn't the DM. Wood Elf Bros fo Lyfe!

Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
So what is the party roster? I'll use it to make my race/class choice.

Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wizard, Monk, Rogue, Druid

Jim says he's rolling a rogue of some sorts.

I think we're on for this Saturday at 8:00-ish.

Mon May 22, 2017 5:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm correct that basically we're rolling some new hit points and maybe getting a 2nd Lv ability tree choice of sorts?

Mon May 22, 2017 9:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
I'm correct that basically we're rolling some new hit points and maybe getting a 2nd Lv ability tree choice of sorts?

You can either roll once or take the high average for HPs. I would suggest high avg. Smile

In terms of what you get it depends on your class. Everyone gets something cool at 2nd and most classes pick their Archetype at 3rd but some classes like wizards and clerics pick them at 2nd and 1st respectively.
Tue May 23, 2017 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I took the rounded-up average. That's a fine way to do HP.

As for my new Wild Shape ability, it states "any beast that he/she has seen before". How do you handle that? I wonder if there's a FAQ for it since I'd imagine it's a point-of-contention in a lot of games. I mean, think about it, if you're playing a human druid, you might only be 18, 19-years old. You literally know nothing and have maybe seen a black bear and a wolf as your combat form depending on where you originated since you only got into this druid business a few odd weeks ago. I misread that to be honest.

Also, turns out I have more spells to memorize than I originally thought. Good Lord, a never-ending stream of Poisonous Spray seems better than a lot of ICONS characters. Am I missing something? Is there a limit to 0-level spells?

Tue May 23, 2017 1:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: