Hommlet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Hommlet
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Yes, I'll come to some sort of decision tonight and you'd not need to prep it, but rather be here to help me with combat, etc., etc.

How difficult is it to convert stuff from 3.X to 5e? Have you tried it yet?

Gotcha...its not hard at all. I have done it for 1st Ed and it was pretty seamless. 3.x you simply need to find appropriate monsters since PF has 5x more monsters than 5e but it never has been an issue. I have also created a bunch of new stuff and its very easy. Just let me know if you want me to be there on Friday.
Wed May 24, 2017 5:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
ladyrogue

Post Reply with quote
I apologize for not responding last night, but my daughter needed attention pretty much as soon as I got home and I never got around to it. So I got a resounding yes from Chris about Fridays every week and especially about playing 5e. We can be there this Friday. No worries about LO, she's been up for games before at our house.
Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 am View user's profile Send private message
ryoga227

Post Reply with quote
By the way, if there's need of another DM I would be happy to run a game. I've been running a regular game for the last year or so. Right now I'm running Curse of Strahd. I've modified the module to make it more sand-box style. It would be interesting to run a 5e game with a gritty 1e feel.
Thu May 25, 2017 7:48 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Well shoot, Chris, I guess that makes you the official co-DMing to get this thing rolling along. I need you mostly for character generation and spot rules as we play. I'll prep the module and have the setting stuff ready. I've ran this module for 3.0 about 2 or 3 times so it's not all that hard for me to prep it. You and I will share a character filling wtvr role seems most needed. I'll also run Clare's character after she goes to bed. I will have to adjust encounters for such a large group and you can check my math (later today).

@ Jeff,

With Chris in attendance and given that he knows the system well enough, we can probably muddle through without your assistance. Thank you for the kind offer and I'm sure you understand that we don't really need 8 or 9 peeps at the gaming table. Wink I will have plenty of questions I'm sure when you run on Saturday.

@ Tobin,

Once you know your travel dates, we should be able to get a calendar set for summer gaming. I plan to run these first 2 adventures for 5E and we'll make the call on whether or not we like it. I have 2 PHB and I think Chris has one, so that should suffice. I believe Jeff has a PDF someplace if I can find the link. Also, there is an open source SRD site HERE.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
@Tony...I completely understand. Have fun.

Here is a link to a PDF of the PHB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-DGZEhoXwDtQlYzVFNncktLRVE

Last edited by Overdog on Fri May 26, 2017 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu May 25, 2017 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
ladyrogue

Post Reply with quote
We pretty much have all the core 5e books.
Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
ryoga227

Post Reply with quote
I'm happy to co-DM. I do enjoy Jim's DMing ability though and hope that I will get to play in one of his games as well at some point. He really puts a lot into the campaigns that he runs.

I think you'll find that 5e is more like 1e with more concise rules that allow you to do more. It is an easy system to learn and you'll pick it up quickly. If anyone has need I have indexed PDFs. They'll be on my laptop and I have a USB on my keychain.

Please let me know what, if anything I can do to prepare.
Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If you have the module, by all means, look it over it. It's the Sunless Citadel in Tales from the Yawning Portal. If you and Mel could have at the very least your ability scores determined (27-point buy) before we do Char Gen tomorrow night, that would help. Having characters ready to play would be even better.

@ Tobin and Leslie,

If you could have your ability scores planned before getting here, that would certainly help. It's on p 13 I think of the PHB (pdf is linked above).

In the group presently, we have Clare with a Neutral High Elf Rogue, Liam with a Neutral Good Human Wizard and Connor with a Lawful Neutral Mountain Dwarf Fighter.

Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ryoga227

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Tony. I've run the Sunless Citadel before. It's been a while but I can look over it and have a character ready.
Fri May 26, 2017 1:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That was fun last night guys. I'll put some updated info in the sticky thread. We'll shoot for 8:30 next Friday night.

@ Chris,

I've given you access to the DM forum where we can plan if need be.

Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: