Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
I'll be back in RVA the weekend of 7/8 if Jeff would like to do one more session of 5E. We could conceivably kick off Hell's Rebels on one of the following two Saturdays (7/15 or 7/22).

I would rather just wait on starting this back up until we have more time assuming we get back to it.
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:02 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Oh, ok, how many nights do you need to do another installment? I could push back to farther along in July if need be.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Oh, ok, how many nights do you need to do another installment? I could push back to farther along in July if need be.

It less about the time and more about me getting burned out. I am running 3 other games, one homebrew, one Shadowrun (although its not weekly) and the Dragonlance one...which is not homebrew but takes a lot of effort to prep.

So lets put the 5e on hold for now. We can get back to it later when I have the time and we all are ready for it.
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
My votes are:

1. Call of Cthulhu (still have the last guy I rolled up a few years ago I think)... Razz
2. White Wolf Zombie Game having just escaped from a sinking zombie infested cruise ship right after "H" hour when it all started... Idea
3. 0E in Vermisdadt in the land of Moog - the Thieve's World Gray Mouser fun bunch with Cat's Claw and Scalpel among other attendees... lol Razz Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Cool Laughing (I think we were called the Weaselly Ferrets if I recall correctly...) Evil or Very Mad lol

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:07 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Overworked and underpaid, awesome DM. Wink

I ran my kids through the OSR Barrowmaze using 5E. I've now gotten enough games under my belt to assess the game in a more experiential manner. Many of my initial critiques remain unchanged, but it is quite good and a huge improvement over 4E & 2E (3.X was a ground-breaking product that relaunched the entire industry really). In short, my current view is that is a a dressed-up, snazzy new version of BX which is about as positive of a review for a transitional game as you'll get from me. It's a damned shame Paizo isn't producing it, but maybe they will once Hasbro screws the pooch in a few years with 6E. I wonder if D&D will become like windows where every other version is reviled by the community. Anyway, yeah, it's a fine game and I understand why folks dig it, dragonborn and eladrin not withstanding.

@ Dan,

Maybe. Things are quite crazy for me right now to be honest. Let me give it a think and I'll post on the forum in a few days.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
PF or 5th Ed could work too... Idea

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
I'm up for whatever. Heck I even got a new MtG duel deck to play Cool

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Not sure what we'll do Saturday night, but we'll have a game night of some sort, 8:30 mi casa.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Not sure what we'll do Saturday night, but we'll have a game night of some sort, 8:30 mi casa.

Are you in your new place yet?
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Not yet no. We close on 8/18 so still here in Milbrooke for about 6 more weeks.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:00 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:

I am iffy on Saturday night.
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
Yeah I have a kayak excursion tonight so I'm out, sorry.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: