battlebuddy.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Hells Rebels character discussion

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Hells Rebels character discussion
Overdog

Post Hells Rebels character discussion Reply with quote
Here is my character. I still need to do most of my equipment. Not much in the social stuff but he has good knowledge Local and other knowledge skills. He will not be your typical Magus but he will be focused on combat enhancing spells not a glorified wizard type.

Aezir Zhoalla
Human magus (bladebound) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 9, 47)
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex), Chain Shirt
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee bastard sword +3 (1d10+5/19-20)
Special Attacks arcane pool (+1, 3 points), spell combat
Magus (Bladebound) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +3)
. . 1st—shield, windy escape[ARG]
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, detect magic, mage hand
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +0; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Arcane Strike, Blind-fight
Traits heirloom weapon (proficiency), urban sleuth (Silver Ravens; Knowledge [Local, History])
Skills Climb +7, Knowledge (arcana) +6, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (planes) +6, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +3
Languages Common, Draconic, Infernal
Other Gear bastard sword, magus starting spellbook
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Pool +1 (3/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Arcane Strike As a swift action, add +1 damage, +1 per 5 caster levels and your weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Blind-Fight Re-roll misses because of concealment, other benefits.
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
Hey, Jeff. I was curious--what does Weapon Heirloom (proficiency) actually add to your character...Magus are already proficient in all Simple and Martial weapons?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Purple Knight wrote:
Hey, Jeff. I was curious--what does Weapon Heirloom (proficiency) actually add to your character...Magus are already proficient in all Simple and Martial weapons?

I wanted to use a bastard sword which is an exotic proficiency.
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
Ah...I did not realize it granted exotic proficiency. Neat

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Given the now clearly defined Italian overtones that the setting seems to have, I've decided to go All In and change the clerics name. I like Saxon names, but Mobster names are just too much fun to miss out on. Meet Giovanni "Jimmy the Rat" Gambino, Cleric of Cayden Cailean.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Given the now clearly defined Italian overtones that the setting seems to have, I've decided to go All In and change the clerics name. I like Saxon names, but Mobster names are just too much fun to miss out on. Meet Giovanni "Jimmy the Rat" Gambino, Cleric of Cayden Cailean.

Lolz!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Don't tell me - he's a catholic priest right? Probably does confessionals and hail Mary's too... Razz

Thinking about Lorax da Bambino... has a nice ring for an Elven Italian name... lol Twisted Evil (or not) Question

Lorax-am-bino maybe? Sounds slightly Elvish... Idea Question

Any other ideas?

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Lorax "Lucky Larry" Lorenzetti

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
I'll leave this right here.... enjoy.

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/mobster-names.php#.WXdfR4jyvIU

I suggest...

Cornholio 'Crazy Eye' Leoni

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That site is so good.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Lorax "Lucky Larry" Lorenzetti

Damn - that's classic Tony! lol How do you come up with such good names? You do the same thing when you create RPG worlds and stuff too.

So... my Elvish friends call me Lorax, planter of trees but the people in this city call me "Lucky Larry" Lorenzetti... It's up to you what you want to call me but you can just call me Larry for short... lol Laughing Cool Very Happy (I usually plant trees in cement galoshes and trow dem in the East River sink or swim)... Razz

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think I was a Capo in another life. Wink

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:30 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
I think I was a Capo in another life. Wink

You know I had to google Capo because I thought it was a guitar accessory up until now - apparently I'm not down on my Tony "The Tooth" Todesky lingo quite yet... lol Laughing

But now that I have Googled it I get it - a Capo is a mob Captain or one of many of the Godfather's many underbosses... lol

As much as the whole Mob thing is funny, and sort of fits the Italian/Roma setting, and would be fun to joke around with a bit in game, the Mob is CE and we are CG at best or maybe some flavor of neutral good or something otherwise we are just like our oppressors. So maybe we aren't the mob because we aren't LE in this AP anyway but it's funny to joke around about it anyway... lol Twisted Evil Razz Cool Laughing (just trying to think this out a bit)
This kind of begs the question - are we really the good guys? We are the instigators of Rebelious trouble after all? Or are we just trying to stop the oppression? Discuss as I continue to ponder and watch the other half of Rogue One while cheering on the Rebel Scum gleefully... lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Or Bullet Tooth Tony... (from the movie Snatch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s376ZbPG-OM

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The mobster name is just to have fun with the setting. You can call my guy Gianni if it makes you feel better, or the Rat, neither should break immersion. My explanation is that he earned that nickname as a young boy by for ratting out a notorious bully who was picking on innocents and doing petty crime in his neighborhood.

We're clearly the good guys in the spirit of Luke, Obi Wan, etc. We played scoundrels in the last AP so I think we're doing White Hats this time around.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:00 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
The mobster name is just to have fun with the setting. You can call my guy Gianni if it makes you feel better, or the Rat, neither should break immersion. My explanation is that he earned that nickname as a young boy by for ratting out a notorious bully who was picking on innocents and doing petty crime in his neighborhood.

We're clearly the good guys in the spirit of Luke, Obi Wan, etc. We played scoundrels in the last AP so I think we're doing White Hats this time around.

Agreed - you can't be the good or the bad guys all the time or it get's old and boring real fast so it's best to flip it on it's head every now and then just for a change of pace. One of the things I love about 0e and B/X is that you are either chaotic or neutral or lawful - it does away with the whole morality question and gives it a gritty Swords and Sorcery feel... Cool Idea (so yeah, Paladins and Anti Paladins are right out unless you are a Lawfull Paladin) Idea

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: