ONLINE Jade Regent PF campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
ONLINE Jade Regent PF campaign
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, there's no keeping Amieko out of this fight, but OTOH, I wouldn't let her go all heroic and mano-y-mano the Big Bad. Honor be damned.

From memory, the group is requesting that Urza go w/ the following memorized spells:

Veil (so that we can slip in relatively undetected)
Greater Insect Spies (for near perfect tracking of our target and Hattori, the Away Team)
1x Wall of Force

He would request the following buffs from someone:
Cat's Grace for the Init Buff and to help w/ Enervations
Any Blur-type defense as he suspects they may try to kill him as a way of "knocking down the Wall of Force"

Anything else you want him to be memorize?

BTW, I invited Bill to join in and hangout with us on Wed night, but he's in NJ without his laptop. He did say that he'd be set to play Sunday if we have our first "session" of sorts for RotR this coming Sunday.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marksman

Post Reply with quote
Urza is already on the list to get Displacement from Telrond. 50% miss chance

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
Vasen Buffs

Shield
Pro Evil
Bless Weapon
False Life
Greater Magic Weapon
Mirror Image
Displacement
Barkskin
Greater Invisibility (just for the heck of it)
See Invisibility from Mask
See in Darkness from Mask
Grand Destiny
Benefit from Tea
Haste
Potion Expeditious Retreat
Holy Aura SR26

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
Holy crap did I miss it? Is it over? I am so sorry today was like extremely stressful and it completely slipped my mind tonight that there was supposed to be a game. So what happened?

"Listen Vimlareon. It's a large world out there, and I taught you all I know. If you wish to learn more about magic, there is no better teacher than experience itself. May your quest to become an archmage be fulfilled."
Mirillium, Vim's master
Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The Day of the Butterflies

Plan went reasonably well, though everyone except Koya rolled horribly for initiative. Both of the primary spell casters rolled 2s I think so spells didn't go off in as timely a fashion as we had hoped. The Big Oni (leader of the 5 Storms) got the drop on us, demoralizing us with his awesomeness (free action iirc), then a Chain Lightning and Quickened Shout deafening nearly everyone and almost killing Baxter w/ 20-ish HPs of damage. Koya raised a Blade Barrier drawing first blood until the Wall of Force went up. Due to the lag in those spells getting on the battlefield, 2 guards managed to respond in the first round and got into the fray. The enemy ninja, took a potion and moved into position to do assassination shenanigans. Vasen and Hattori pounced on the foes, Hattori taking out the enemy spell caster in one round. Urza and Baxter made they're deafness-induced spell failure rolls to put up the Wall of Force x2 and Urza cast a Quickened Slow on the Ninja and Jade Regent. The Ninja got intimidated by Zeph and fled the scene after witnessing Vasen with an assist from Raina violently dispatch the Five Storms Boss in one round. Apparently our deal with the Three Monkey clan paid off. The Jade Regent was cut down by Hattori (who he could not see) before he could ever see meaningful combat.

With possession of the Amatatsu Seal and the blessings of the former emperors, the Jade throne recognized Amieko as Empress and she set to work using its power to heal the damage that the Oni had wrought on Minkai. With all of the rebellion points we had accrued, Amieko's rule is happily embraced by the people nd within a few short years, Minkai is once again a thriving and prosperous land.

END

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:56 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:

Plan went reasonably well, though everyone except Koya rolled horribly for initiative. Both of the primary spell casters rolled 2s I think so spells didn't go off in as timely a fashion as we had hoped. The Big Oni (leader of the 5 Storms) got the drop on us, demoralizing us with his awesomeness (free action iirc), then a Chain Lightning and Quickened Shout deafening nearly everyone and almost killing Baxter w/ 20-ish HPs of damage. Koya raised a Blade Barrier drawing first blood until the Wall of Force went up. Due to the lag in those spells getting on the battlefield, 2 guards managed to respond in the first round and got into the fray. The enemy ninja, took a potion and moved into position to do assassination shenanigans. Vasen and Hattori pounced on the foes, Hattori taking out the enemy spell caster in one round. Urza and Baxter made they're deafness-induced spell failure rolls to put up the Wall of Force x2 and Urza cast a Quickened Slow on the Ninja and Jade Regent. The Ninja got intimidated by Zeph and fled the scene after witnessing Vasen with an assist from Raina violently dispatch the Five Storms Boss in one round. Apparently our deal with the Three Monkey clan paid off. The Jade Regent was cut down by Hattori (who he could not see) before he could ever see meaningful combat.

With possession of the Amatatsu Seal and the blessings of the former emperors, the Jade throne recognized Amieko as Empress and she set to work using its power to heal the damage that the Oni had wrought on Minkai. With all of the rebellion points we had accrued, Amieko's rule is happily embraced by the people nd within a few short years, Minkai is once again a thriving and prosperous land.

END

OMG, someone finished an AP. Very Happy Well done and long deserved.
Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It happens. But yeah, kudos to the players; well done lads.

First part of Book 6 is so-so, but the middle bit is a grinder; like really, really rough. Oddly enough, the final bits were far easier than the players anticipated I think.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:

END

Well damn it. This is the first time since ever and ever that I completely missed an ending for a campaign. I will be honest I don't feel good in the stomach right now. I wished Zeph would be there to take care of some goons.

As far as the actual ending though... no doubt Hattori deserved to land the final blow. Just ugg that I missed it. I wanted to have a final role-play to give Zeph a proper end at the session (I guess I will need to post it on the other thread) and play as Zeph Danos for the last time. By far Zeph has been one of my favorite paladins I have ever played.

However this was an awesome campaign. I loved this party, I grew attached to my character greatly as well as the NPCs and the whole story. A huge THANK YOU to Tony for running this game!

"Listen Vimlareon. It's a large world out there, and I taught you all I know. If you wish to learn more about magic, there is no better teacher than experience itself. May your quest to become an archmage be fulfilled."
Mirillium, Vim's master
Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry you missed it, but we waited 'til the last moment and just barely finished in time. It was and IS an epic story. I'm happy y'all enjoyed it as much as I thought you would. I'm like you, I got attached to ALL of the characters and NPCs.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mushin228

Post Hello guys Reply with quote
Sorry for dropping off the cliff...

I hope all is well with everyone. There is too much to post that happened. The short story is sickness, family dynamics, equipment issues, and moving. I now live in Lanexa, VA. I should have kept you guys posted on the process of my events, and definitely should not have just dropped off the cliff with no word. For the lack of communication, I am sorry. I hope all is well!

Sincerely,
Mike J.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:01 am View user's profile Send private message
marksman

Post Reply with quote
Glad you are okay. Good to hear from you.

I hope things settle down for you if they haven't already.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Good to hear from you again Mike. I hope things are getting better for you now!

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mushin228

Post Hello Reply with quote
Things are getting better . Still trying to get a handle on time and daily events . I have 2 kids in therapy one in Ashland the other in Williamsburg, so the wife and I are never sitting still. I will pop by from time to time and read your new adventures. Once I get stable , I will see if a place is possible in future gaming. Have a good weekend.
- Mike

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237
Page 237 of 237

Jump to: