Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Feat Paths for ALL APs
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Weasel wrote:
Overdog wrote:

And to add to that, I am pretty sure Hattori took Offensive Defensive which gives him +1 Dodge bonus per die of sneak attack damage for one round after he sneak attacks and with this armor and invisible blade he would be sporting a 32 AC which he could boost to 35 with Fighting Defensively.

Yes he did.... dodge bonus always stack so I can Easily nab +10 or better AC Wink

Just to be clear, I meant to say +1 dodge bonus per Sneak Attack Die not per point of damage.
Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
Weasel wrote:
Overdog wrote:

And to add to that, I am pretty sure Hattori took Offensive Defensive which gives him +1 Dodge bonus per die of sneak attack damage for one round after he sneak attacks and with this armor and invisible blade he would be sporting a 32 AC which he could boost to 35 with Fighting Defensively.

Yes he did.... dodge bonus always stack so I can Easily nab +10 or better AC Wink

Just to be clear, I meant to say +1 dodge bonus per Sneak Attack Die not per point of damage.

right.... I roll 5d6 these days....... and I have 4 attacks. So, in theory I could be up +20 AC.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Weasel wrote:
Overdog wrote:
Weasel wrote:
Overdog wrote:

right.... I roll 5d6 these days....... and I have 4 attacks. So, in theory I could be up +20 AC.

Actually thats not how it works. "Dodge bonuses stack with all other bonuses to AC, even other dodge bonuses."

The key word is Other...Dodge bonuses from the same source dont stack.
Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
You are right on celestial armor, I misread it (too fast of a read while doing a conference call at work will so that)..

I now hang my head in shame Sad

Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Actually, you should be jumping for joy since, I'm sure you'lol be commissioning your suit before too long. 😜

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Back on Hattori.

Im thinking Im going be more like the Scorpion Clan Samurai. http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpion_Clan

As 'dirty fighting', tricks of all sorts, "Invisible blade technique" are all honorable. Wink
As a matter of fact, if I use the Invisible blade technique, that means I respect them as a worthy adversary.... thus Honoring them. Smile

After reading the Edicts of the Orders. I think only 2 sorta fit.

Order of the Warrior http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/samurai-orders/paizo---samurai-orders/order-of-the-warrior
--- and only if you realy twist what honor means

Ronin http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/samurai-orders/paizo---samurai-orders/ronin-knight-errant
---- Suishen/Hattori make the code

--- the Edicts of the Order of the Sword are all wrong for him.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
Order of the sword was back up for if you could not do sword saint.
I am assuming you will be pledging loyalty to your sister and your clan, so I am not sure if Ronin would apply. If ypu were ronin, I would see it as necessary to renounce your family as it doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise.

@Tony
I think I will be placing an order soon, as the Breastplate I wear will not let me make full use of boosting my AC via Cat's Grace (it tops out at +5 and I am already +4), plus I found another spell for boosting my AC increases AC and would stack with Cat's Grace, so I will need the "breathing room"...Vasen will start saving up.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Purple Knight wrote:
Order of the sword was back up for if you could not do sword saint.
I am assuming you will be pledging loyalty to your sister and your clan, so I am not sure if Ronin would apply. If ypu were ronin, I would see it as necessary to renounce your family as it doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise.

Loyalty is to Clan (w/ Amieko as figure head) and Btw the PCs that are scions are Clan. (welcome to the family Vassen) And, would form the base of the Imperial family.

Perhaps Order of the Warrior is better then.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Here is a link to the new Classes Unchained PDF from PF. Reworks the Rogue, Monk, Barbarian and Summoner.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-DGZEhoXwDtZTFNaVFMZHVmQVk/view?usp=sharing
Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Lucien Crowe
Blind-Fightin' Oradin

1st lv Oracle-Fey Foundling
2nd lv Paladin
3rd lv Paladin-Power Attack
4th lv Oracle
5th lv Fighter (Lore Warden)-Blind Fight, Weapon Focus
6th lv Fighter (Lore Warden)-Combat Expertise, Moonlight Stalker
7th lv Paladin-Extra Revelation Misfortune

That's where I'm at so far.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:27 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Lucien Crowe v2 (nearing final build here)
Aasimar Agathion-blooded
Oracle Life Mystery (up to 4), Sacred Servant Pally of Sarenrae (all the way home, so 12 or 13 levels), VMC Sorcerer (Imperious Bloodline)
Traits: Magical Knack (Pally) & Sandpoint Faithful (more self healing, every little bit helps)
Oracle at first level to get the Life Link going:

1st Lv Oracle-Fey Foundling (can't really play an Oradin without this; an absolute must)
2nd Lv Pally Touch of Glory is sort of meh in this campaign I think, but maybe not. Hopefully I can earn enough scratch to get the Falchion Ioun Stone
3rd Lv Pally Lay on Hands turns on, pointless 1st Sor Bloodline turns on
4th Lv Oracle-2nd Life Link, bonus goes to STR
5th Lv Pally-FEAT!
6th Lv Pally-Spell Casting turns on, including Glory Domain spells
7th Lv Pally-HEROIC ECHO turns on
8th Lv Pally-bonus goes to STR
9th Lv Pally-FEAT! Smite 3X day
10th Lv Pally- Hound Archon arrives (FREE Lesser Planar Ally once a week), Free Sanctuaries for everyone within 30' if need be.
11th lv Oracle-3rd Life Link, Hysterical "Take Your Best Shot" ability turns on
12th Lv Pally-bonus goes to STR
13th Lv Pally-FEAT!

As you can see, this build pays a feat tax for the awesomeness of Heroic Echo + what is basically an IMMORTAL Bard (at 15th level for the Liliend Azata, which might not be worth it). OTOH, it's the God or Goddess that is sending aid so I see no reason that the deity wouldn't send something a bit more helpful than a Hound Archon. The game is loaded with daemons, devils, demons, etc. and actually has very few Good outsiders (you're supposed to be good guys fighting against the bad guys after all). A Dapsara Angel would probably jump at the chance to serve Sarenrae on this quest, and would serve fine as a 5th level Bard (16 rounds of performance w/ +2 on Inspire). In the long run, this build probably gets 4 feats in total before the campaign comes to an end. They need to be really, really good ones. My thoughts:

Power Attack
Radiant Charge
Quick Channel
Reactive Channel
Extra Lay On Hands
Reward of Grace
Unsanctioned Knowledge (would require a rethinking of my stats, but gets some pretty darned good spells)

Tough call on these.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
Currently working on Joethor's build. So far it's pretty simple and straightforward. He is a titan mauler barbarian, so I am hoping because he can use larger weapons either making a build that utilizes the use of two-handed weapons (large ogre sized! Very Happy ) Or, which I really want to try because it would be a cool character to play, which is wielding two 2handed weapons in both hands (human sized two-handed weapons, lets not get too crazy)

Thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind, Joethor's dex is too low for some necessary two weapon fighting feats.

"Listen Vimlareon. It's a large world out there, and I taught you all I know. If you wish to learn more about magic, there is no better teacher than experience itself. May your quest to become an archmage be fulfilled."
Mirillium, Vim's master
Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
The big thing people miss is how to get rid of the penalties. Once you do that you're trading a little bit of hit (Weapon training) for slightly more damage (base weapon dice vs weapon training).
==== so allow me to unpack this Cool
So let's take the best case, arguably, for a titan fighter: A huge 1-and-a-half-hander weapon. These are weapons which are typically martial proficiency as a 2-handed weapon and you can take exotic proficiency in them (Or be proficient via racial means) to wield them as 1-handed weapons.
Noteable 1.5-handers are bastard sword and dwarven waraxe.
Due to how oversized weapons work, you can go up in size if you go down in handed-ness. So for example a human paladin with no proficiency can normally wield at largest a medium 2h, a large 1h in 2 hands or a light huge weapon in 2 hands.
Titan fighter bumps these all up by 1. And exotic or racial proficiency bumps you up further. So as an example a human with exotic proficiency in bastard sword can wield a large-sized bastard sword in two hands. (because the feat treats it as a large 1h weapon). And the Titan fighter allows you to go one step above (as long as you wield it as a 2h weapon) pushing you up to as far as a huge bastard sword.

This comes with penalties and this is the biggie as to why there's so much hate.
But the penalties can be negotiated with in, I think, a reasonable window and here's how:

Giant-blooded: This trait reduces oversized penalties by half.
Effortless-lace: This item reduces penalty for oversized weapons by 2 (min 0).
So normally wielding a huge weapon by a titan fighter means a -6 penalty at level 1. Giant-blooded knocks this down to -3. Titan fighter at level 3 knocks this down to -2. And as soon as you can reasonably afford it (level 4-5ish), effortless lace (2.5kgp) reduces this penalty to 0.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:06 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think with the Titan Mauler the best thing to do is simply get an oversized basterd sword and grip it with two hands. I believe that gets you to 2d8 (with some penalties) which is pretty darned good. I'd spend feats to mitigate the penalties that give you minuses to hit.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Weasel wrote:

Giant-blooded: This trait reduces oversized penalties by half.
Effortless-lace: This item reduces penalty for oversized weapons by 2 (min 0).
So normally wielding a huge weapon by a titan fighter means a -6 penalty at level 1. Giant-blooded knocks this down to -3. Titan fighter at level 3 knocks this down to -2. And as soon as you can reasonably afford it (level 4-5ish), effortless lace (2.5kgp) reduces this penalty to 0.

I thought you said you needed a trait! Cool

Giant-Blooded
Source Giantslayer Player's Guide pg. 6, Giant Hunter's Handbook pg. 31 (Amazon)
Category Campaign
Requirement(s) Giantslayer
Your family has always been dogged by rumors that a bit of giant blood got into the family’s veins at some point. Whether this was through alchemical or magical experimentation, or because your great-great-grandfather married a giant, it has made you big for your race, and may have given you other minor cosmetic features of giants, such as flaming red hair, a bluish tinge to your skin, or oversized hands. When you wield a weapon that is larger than your size, the penalty on attack rolls for using inappropriately sized weapons is reduced by half. In addition, you gain a +2 trait bonus to your CMD against awesome blow combat maneuvers. If you’re a dwarf, your stability racial trait applies to awesome blow combat maneuvers as well.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:07 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: