RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Feat Paths for ALL APs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Feat Paths for ALL APs
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
After much back and forth, I am going to stick with the two handed Ranger path.

My overall concept is someone that can switch up tactics fairly easily depending on the situation but still do respectable damage. Obviously, so far that has primarily been to start off with long spear taking advantage of multiple AOOs and then switching to the Great Sword for close up fighting. I also wanted to do something for the bow as well as I am doing below:

1 Combat Reflexes, Power Attack
2 Pushing Assault (Ranger Bonus)
3 Deadly Aim
5 Master Craftsman (weapons): it appears we are going to be in need of a crafter and he is going to need several different magic weapons
6 Furious Focus (Ranger Bonus)
7 Vital Strike
9 Imp Critical
10 Cleave (Ranger bonus)
11 Fighter (1) Critical Focus, Critical Bleed
12 Fighter (2) Improved Vital Strike

Really, the only thing I keep going back and forth on is the Deadly Aim bit. Given his Str, I was going to go with a Mighty Bow anyway, likely Adaptive, so the damage will be 1d8+4. With the deadly aim, I am going to increase that damage, but I am not putting any other bonus to hit with a bow type feats in the mix, and I don't don't know if Deadly Aim will be all the useful in the scheme of things. Thoughts?

If no deadly aim, what would you suggest in its place?

Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
yeah, Id drop deadly aim...

go with quick draw if you want to switch weapons a lot.

BTW, I will be taking "Craft Misc Items at 3rd"

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
I assumed if you took that feat, and I took weapons, we'd get it pretty much covered.

I looked at QuickDraw, it looks good. I also looked at desperate battler. Kind of going back and forth.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
I can only keep that feat for about 3 levels. Sadly when you go full on blaster you need all the feats you can get.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
If you are only going to have it from 3-6 level is there any real particular reason to take it? I doubt we will find our way into too much loot/wealth by then (based on the last AP), unless you are doing it just to create a specific item.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be very happy if you take it and we find enough money to get a Belt of Physical Prowess (or whatever its called)

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Well I need to take 'impower' , but it is not needed until 7th level.

I'll just retrain or figure out something before then

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
marksman

Post Reply with quote
Purple Knight wrote:
After much back and forth, I am going to stick with the two handed Ranger path.

My overall concept is someone that can switch up tactics fairly easily depending on the situation but still do respectable damage. Obviously, so far that has primarily been to start off with long spear taking advantage of multiple AOOs and then switching to the Great Sword for close up fighting. I also wanted to do something for the bow as well as I am doing below:

1 Combat Reflexes, Power Attack
2 Pushing Assault (Ranger Bonus)
3 Deadly Aim
5 Master Craftsman (weapons): it appears we are going to be in need of a crafter and he is going to need several different magic weapons
6 Furious Focus (Ranger Bonus)
7 Vital Strike
9 Imp Critical
10 Cleave (Ranger bonus)
11 Fighter (1) Critical Focus, Critical Bleed
12 Fighter (2) Improved Vital Strike

Really, the only thing I keep going back and forth on is the Deadly Aim bit. Given his Str, I was going to go with a Mighty Bow anyway, likely Adaptive, so the damage will be 1d8+4. With the deadly aim, I am going to increase that damage, but I am not putting any other bonus to hit with a bow type feats in the mix, and I don't don't know if Deadly Aim will be all the useful in the scheme of things. Thoughts?

If no deadly aim, what would you suggest in its place?

You will need two feats...Master Craftsman and Craft Magical Arms and Armor.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
your right, I misread that. So that solves the 3rd level issue

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: