RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Carrion Crown Adventure Path
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Carrion Crown Adventure Path
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Dan, glad to be back in the swing of things!

Man reading up on the witch is a hoot. Seems like you can build it out to be a healer as well, which could be an option. I'm flexible though and am looking at Ranger, Cleric, and possibly Sorcerer too.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We're about 48 hours out from starting with one character in the bin. I can help out on Roll20 tonight and will log in to see if anyone is there. If we could get one or two more committed PCs, that might help the folks who are trying to decide. All the classes mentioned so far will find plenty of stuff to do. I'm betting Mel will play a Paladin, so if we could get another DPR-type of person, we'll be well on our way. Skill-intensive characters (bards and INT-based rogues) will prove very valuable in this AP.

@ Bass,

Check out the Hexcrafter as a Witch Archetype.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Mel & Chris got on Roll20 with me and we knocked out their PCs (about 90% done).

Mel is playing a LG Paladin of Desna named Morwen (she still needs to buy her equip, otherwise finished).

Chris is playing a LG Elven Conjurer yet to be named (Wizzy Wiz at present) who is complete minus some equipment and spells. I gave him a decent selection, but I'm betting you'll want to buy a few others given your Rich Parents. Smile

Both PDFs are on the Google drive.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
Tony do you need my character to be done before we meet tomorrow night?

Also, what do I need to bring since I have not played in forever.... Shocked

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tobin

Post Reply with quote
I looked at the hunter on-line and would like to try it. Thanks.
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I had hoped we could get more of a head start on CharGen, but I realize we'll need about 1 hour + tomorrow night to complete CharGen and get started playing. If you can at least have a character in mind, stats, etc, well that would be great. We'll finish them up in Hero Labs and print em out. Mel, Chris and I jumped on Roll20 last night (Wed night) and knocked out most of their characters, just need to equip them mostly to finish up.

A Hunter would give us another solid combatant. Having spoken with Jeff (who may chime in on this thread from time to time), he's urging you guys to consider getting one Cleric in the group somehow. Divine magic and channeling positive energy will probably be needed in spots along the way (it's a creepy, Ravenloft-inspired campaign so there will be some undead along the way). I'd strongly consider that someone consider that class even if you just multi-class into it. A Warpriest, though they don't get Channel Energy 'til 4th level, looks like it might be a solid way to go as well.

By the way, if you've a tablet, iPad, or small laptop, you'll want to bring it tomorrow night. We'll be playing in the living room and using Roll20 for maps, tokens, handouts, etc..

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:46 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
What to Bring Tonight
Dice and a small notebook. The Pathfinder Core Rulebook if you own it.
An iPad or other tablet (a small laptop might be fine though I'm somewhat limited on outlets) is a big PLUS.
Snacks to contribute to the group; popcorn, Goldfish, nuts, wtvr, (I have drinks covered tonight).

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
What time are we starting? And Tony, if it helps I can probably get there a little early to get a head start on getting my char. jump started.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Arrive 8:00-ish, start playing 8:30, knock off around 12:00-ish. And yes, Bill, if you want to arrive a bit before 8:00, that would be awesome.

Sending Bill & Tobin an email link to my massive Pathfinder folder on Dropbox.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ Bass,

Sent the dropbox invite to your comcast email. I can change to another email if you wish.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
Yeah that email is dead. Try -

billnsuz@yahoo.com

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sent.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tobin

Post Reply with quote
I'm afraid that 8:00 is impossible for us - I teach an aikido class Fri nights until 8:00 and then require travel time; expect us at 8:30 or so. Sorry for the delay. I've looked a bit at the links you provided for the setting - looking forward to getting into it.
Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ Tobin,

Right, I was aware that was the case and 8:30 is fine. We'll just be hanging out drinking some vino by the roaring fire. Smile

See y'all in a few hours.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Summary Session 1
  • The party arrives in the small town of Ravengro for the funeral of an elderly friend. Some of you already know each other, but for the rest of you, it's your first meeting. A few characters had arrived a day or two ago and have been biding their time 'til all were present.
  • The party is chosen as pallbearers for the Professor and as you proceed through the rather impressive cemetery (know locally as The Restlands) , a group of surly locals (farmer, fishermen and the like) block your way, asserting that "no Necromancer should be buried in this sacred ground", "you ain't a-gonna bury him up next to Granny" and other such remarks.
  • A brawl of sorts breaks out as the locals attempt to drive the group off, wielding various farm implements and a haunch of lamb. A rather hilarious non-lethal combat ensues, which is decidedly in the PC's favor, resulting in all of the crowd dispersing while a few of the braver fellows lie unconscious in the road. Luckily, the players were careful in lowering the casket and so the good professor's remains were not spilled out onto the ground.
  • During the actual service, some "random old crazy fart" is lurking behind a few of the gravestones and shouts a few cryptic quotes. The Father, ignores him and continues the service.
  • Later, gathering at the home of the Professor and his lone heir, the painfully attractive and newly propertied daughter Kendra, has summoned a solicitor to read the will. The PCs have been granted a boon (100pp each), but to earn it, they must remain in Ravengro for 30 days to "watch over Kendra and assist her as you may" as she decides what to do with the property and how to get on with her life. At the close of that period of time, the PCs are tasked with return 4 books of questionable nature, to the Professor's contacts in Lepidstadt.
  • Included with the stash of books is the Prof's journal, prominently placed on top of the books, a few entries have been circled in red. These entries suggest that the Prof's death was not an accident, but rather foul play at the hands of a cabal of necromancers; The Whispering Way.
  • Due to the nature of their appointed task, Kendra offers free room and board within her massive estate. The PCs (especially the single fellows) happily agree. During the first night, the PCs are awakened by what proves to be a strange, ghostly raven, rap-tap-tapping at a window in the house. It swiftly flies away once the window is thrown open. Lurking in the darkness, the perceptive members of the group spy the strange, crazy fellow from the cemetery.
  • Upon waking the next morning, a few members have some unspent funds and are eager to shop at the General Store. The Half Elven Hunter hears a lonely fiddle playing a mournful dirge somewhere off in the distance, as the group heads into town.

END SESSION

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: