RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Giantslayer Pathfinder Adventure Path Sticky Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Giantslayer Pathfinder Adventure Path Sticky Thread
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
So just to let Alan know what happened with a brief recap, we took out the Temple right below the Drake Erie. We talked about the brewery last session and I proposed that we attack the Forge just to try to grab some magic items or something, or even the Tannery to sap morale further, but we settled on the Temple. It was right below us off the drake ledge and easily accessible. We went in Invisible, Dimension Doored over these runes on the floor right beyond the doors and took on the undead priestess and totally surprised her and lit her up in short order. Jim's Ranger and Mr. White scouted it out first so we knew what we were about to get into and she never saw it coming. After burning her badly we chased her into a room where she woke up two mummies and then we torched them all and finished them off with melee weapons and more fire spells. The undead priestess wasn't vulnerable to fire but the two former Frost Giant Mummies certainly were... Short session so that's all we did aside from shoot the shite. We did all make 12th level though so bonus!. We also got more loot to boot!!!! Twisted Evil Cool Very Happy See latest loot totals post. Smile

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:43 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Important note is that everyone should have their dude leveled to 12th level if possible so that we can hit the ground running. See you in a couple of hours.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Giantslayer loot total update

Magic Items:
Verdant Vine 6,000 g.p. - Jim's Ranger hanging onto this item for now...
+1 Mithril Armor giant sized (Chain Shirt? Breastplate? Chainmail?)
Belt of Giant Strength +6 - Alan's dude is hanging onto this item for now (plans to buy it from the group)
Wand of Slow with 27 charges given to Mister White
Jailer's Dungeon Ring, Prisoner's Dungeon Ring - will sell
Ring of Protection +3 - Alan's dude is hanging onto this for the moment (Jim will probably buy given the cash)
Pink & Green Sphere Ioun Stone: +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma (can get a +1 bonus on Will saves too if you have a Wayfinder for it) 8.000 g.p. full price) Alan is going to buy this one (+4000 g.p. to the kitty)
Large Scepter of Divine Provenance: 17,300 g.p. item full price. Alan's Dude might want this but can he afford it if he also buys the Belt of Giant Strength? He should probably hang onto it for now regardless.
Scroll of Fleshworm Infestation!!! Shocked Surprised Sad Crying or Very sad So maybe a useful 4th level cleric/wizard/sorcerer/inquisitor/witch spell or we could sell it for some gold.
Escape Ladder 4000 g.p. item

To Be Distributed (if we haven't already):
2 Everburning Torches (meh)
2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds
1 Potion of Nuetralize Poison
Scroll of Protection from Energy - Aerindur is going to snag this one
2 Potions of Lesser Restoration

Lootz:
A bunch of Onyx gems worth 750 g.p. total
Platinum unholy symbol worth 50 g.p.
Gold or Silver goblet worth 50 g.p.

850 g.p. divided by 5 = 170 g.p. each (see previous distributions if necessary)

Miscelaneous lootz
MW Silver dagger - Aerindur is snagging this since the dagger is my backup weapon and I only have regular daggers at this point, or we could sell for 111 g.p.
Unholy symbol of Debelose

*Previous monetary loot distributions from 3-4 sessions ago (in case any of you didn't record them - we are divvying up now on the fly so we don't have another destroyed bag of holding type of incident where we lost all of the money along with the magic items in there):

Frost Drakes:
22 p.p. (= 220 g.p.)
714 g.p.
3 garnets worth 65 g.p. each (65 x 3 = 195 g.p.)

220 + 714 + 195 = 1129 g.p. divided by 5 = 225 g.p. each

5270 g.p. + 130 p.p. (1300 g.p.) = 1314 g.p. each already distributed in the last session (magic items to be settled later)
So as far as the money goes 850 g.p. divided by 5 = 170 g.p. each Twisted Evil

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hey Gang,

Sorry, but NO game tomorrow night. Just too much going on with the trip to TN on Thursday. I'll have to load the van the night before, etc. We'll jump back in the following Wednesday (9/7).

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:36 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Giantslayer loot total update from 9/7/16 Session

New Loot List from the ICE Queen's Lair:
I'll do a combined list with full values later

The Ice Giant Queen:
Elixer of Black Dragon Breath 700 g.p. full price
+1 Light Fortification Heavy Steel Shield - resized to medium 4,170 g.p. full price
+1 Impervious Keen Battleaxe - resized to medium 11,310 g.p. full price
Cloak of Resistance +2 4,000 g.p. full price

Loot from Chest in Secret Room and second treasure room:
Frostblood Axe resized to medium 40,310 g.p. full price
Drinking Horn of Bottomless Valor 24,000 g.p. full price
Insistent Door Knocker 5,000 g.p. full price
Marble Mastedon Figurine of Wondrous Power (assuming this is the Marble Elephant figurine but in the form of a Mastedon instead) 8,500 g.p. full price
Staff of Frost 20,700 g.p. full price (10 charges or less? Can be recharged if less - Aerindur has Cone of Cold and can get the other two if he buys some scrolls) - Aerindur may want to buy this from the group
Winter Wolf Headband 32,000 g.p. full price
+3 Mithril Chainmail 13,150 g.p. full price
+3 Longsword 18,315 g.p. full price
Sorcerer's Robes 5,000 g.p. full price
Scroll of Cone of Cold (Aerindur currently has this memorized)
Scroll of Fire Shield (Aerindur currently has this memorized)
Wand of Chill Metal with 12 charges

Loot and Misc. Items
Ivory Necklace 250 g.p.
7 Amethysts worth 50 g.p. each
153 p.p.
8,500 g.p.
1000 g.p. worth of silver
2 Diamonds worth 225 g.p. each
2 Masterwork Spears
Dragonscale Full Plate resized to medium (not sure what the value is on this)

Iguana wrote:
Previous Lootz:

Magic Items:
Verdant Vine 6,000 g.p. - Jim's Ranger hanging onto this item for now...
+1 Mithril Armor giant sized (Chain Shirt? Breastplate? Chainmail?)
Belt of Giant Strength +6 - Alan's dude is hanging onto this item for now (plans to buy it from the group)
Wand of Slow with 27 charges given to Mister White
Jailer's Dungeon Ring, Prisoner's Dungeon Ring - will sell
Ring of Protection +3 - Alan's dude is hanging onto this for the moment (Jim will probably buy given the cash)
Pink & Green Sphere Ioun Stone: +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma (can get a +1 bonus on Will saves too if you have a Wayfinder for it) 8.000 g.p. full price) Alan is going to buy this one (+4000 g.p. to the kitty)
Large Scepter of Divine Provenance: 17,300 g.p. item full price. Alan's Dude might want this but can he afford it if he also buys the Belt of Giant Strength? He should probably hang onto it for now regardless.
Scroll of Fleshworm Infestation!!! Shocked Surprised Sad Crying or Very sad So maybe a useful 4th level cleric/wizard/sorcerer/inquisitor/witch spell or we could sell it for some gold.
Escape Ladder 4000 g.p. item

To Be Distributed (if we haven't already):
2 Everburning Torches - Aerindur is going to grab one of these
2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds
1 Potion of Nuetralize Poison
Scroll of Protection from Energy - Aerindur is going to snag this one
2 Potions of Lesser Restoration

Lootz:
A bunch of Onyx gems worth 750 g.p. total
Platinum unholy symbol worth 50 g.p.
Gold or Silver goblet worth 50 g.p.

850 g.p. divided by 5 = 170 g.p. each (see previous distributions if necessary)

Miscelaneous lootz
MW Silver dagger - Aerindur is snagging this since the dagger is my backup weapon and I only have regular daggers at this point, or we could sell for 111 g.p.
Unholy symbol of Debelose

*Previous monetary loot distributions from 3-4 sessions ago (in case any of you didn't record them - we are divvying up now on the fly so we don't have another destroyed bag of holding type of incident where we lost all of the money along with the magic items in there):

Frost Drakes:
22 p.p. (= 220 g.p.)
714 g.p.
3 garnets worth 65 g.p. each (65 x 3 = 195 g.p.)

220 + 714 + 195 = 1129 g.p. divided by 5 = 225 g.p. each

5270 g.p. + 130 p.p. (1300 g.p.) = 1314 g.p. each already distributed in the last session (magic items to be settled later)
So as far as the money goes 850 g.p. divided by 5 = 170 g.p. each Twisted Evil

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is light at the end of the tunnel. We're are about 3 levels away from finishing this AP. Players should start planning for those last minute items and finishing touches (Level 15 is pretty much Happy Fun Times for most everyone) as we get to the end of this current book. For the record, we'll finish Giantslayer at 17th level, but it's likely that there will only be a session or two of play at 17th level.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Book 5 is complete. I'm so glad to be finished with those abysmal maps.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
@Dan

If you are still playing a Magus at 15th level and you have Intensify Spell and Maximize spell, be sure to take Spell Perfection. It is all kinds of fun. The Jade Regent AP effectively ended at 15th level so I only got the benefit from one or two encounters, but it was awesome. I also had spell penetration, so for a 2nd level spell he was doing a minimum of 60 hps (maximized shocking grasp) and only failing to penetrate 27 or less SR on a 1 and critically hitting on a 15-20. Would love to have been able to do that for a couple of levels.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
He took it as did Fade the Sorcerer. The problem is that the Cleric and Sorcerer typically are higher on the Init chart and very little is left afterwards. The opening End Boss Salvo from the Sorcerer (+ tattoo spells from familiar and ranger) was 48d6+48 damage to the king and his 2 idiot guards. They all failed their saves. Once dan lobbed in some pitch in damage, the T Rex x4 group was already in place and we were laughing. We made an utter mockery of book 5 which, given how damned deadly the first part of the AP had been was fine. The Magus got quite a lot of damage in with Dragon's Breath actually throughout Book 5.

I think play above Lv 15 takes a pretty dedicated group with considerable rules mastery. But yeah, I can see the fun and hilarity of it all. Who doesn't like critting on a 15 for gobs of damage. Smile

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
King Tytarian's Gear
Potion of Cure Serious x 3, +1 Adamantine Full Plate, +1 Adamantine human-bane halberd, brooch of shielding (89 points remaining), cloak of resistance +3, crown of conquest (Fade will Fabricate a proxy crown that resembles this item so as to place on The New King's noggin), Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone, Prisoner's Dungeon Ring (I think we have a pretty good idea who has the mate to this one), Ring of Minor Cold Resistance (not sure how many of these we have collected)

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
King Tytarian's Gear
Potion of Cure Serious x 3, +1 Adamantine Full Plate, +1 Adamantine human-bane halberd, brooch of shielding (89 points remaining), cloak of resistance +3, crown of conquest (Fade will Fabricate a proxy crown that resembles this item so as to place on The New King's noggin), Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone, Prisoner's Dungeon Ring (I think we have a pretty good idea who has the mate to this one), Ring of Minor Cold Resistance (not sure how many of these we have collected)

OK, so what about his guards that we dusted? Did they have any swag or not? Seems like we could have missed the treasure hoard/room because it's nothing like what we found in the Hall of the Fire Giant King in G3 that time when we played it with the other older group (not to mention the fun but deadly cursed items... lol). Isn't there a cleric spell that can find loot or something Jeff? (there was in AD&D) Question Question Question

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan

Post Reply with quote
no way was that all of the giant king's Swag, we need to raid his treasure room before we hit the floating castle!
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Alan wrote:
no way was that all of the giant king's Swag, we need to raid his treasure room before we hit the floating castle!

Yeah, totally onboard with this idea,,, Idea (we needz to buy/make more stuffzzz and funds to do it with....)
Cool Wink

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Find the Path causes you to miss quite a bit of stuff. We're crushing this module right now so I'm not overly concerned. I do think that it is reasonable that we would search his personal quarters which lie very nearby.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Find the Path causes you to miss quite a bit of stuff. We're crushing this module right now so I'm not overly concerned. I do think that it is reasonable that we would search his personal quarters which lie very nearby.

Yes, and very attentively so (ya, where's the fire giant guy's loot stash.... duh - dun played G3 before and we know what could be there after finding that previousely - totally not metagaming here even thought I am (yes I am quotes within quotes... lol)
lolz Razz

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: