Giantslayer Pathfinder Adventure Path Sticky Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Giantslayer Pathfinder Adventure Path Sticky Thread
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Just a headsup, we are gaming this weekend, but I'm not certain yet if Friday or Saturday night as I'm setting up a game with my kids and one of their friends. I should have an answer by this afternoon.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:56 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wow, what an epic tale to kick off Part I of Book 6. For those who left a bit early, we have completed Part I of Book 6 and we have ascended to 16th level (HOORAY!). It is now time to pony up, sell some extraneous shite and get our Goblin back. Fade summoned Mr White and confiscated about 12K worth (after selling it) of wands, potions and other items from him (most of these the party gave him, though the most expensive one, Fade had purchased). Fade wil use this money along with his spare coin and get the Goblin back. Rolling an "8" on the d20, the scroll is available.

Emulate Class Feature Roll; A "4" which still succeeds

Now for the big roll, Mr White uses the Wand of Embrace Destiny for a "19", Fade rolls an "8" for the UMD roll and I'll take the "19" instead. The Resurrection spell succeeds and our Goblin friend is back without any gear and with a single, permanent negative level hanging on him. That cost Fade 12,275 gp.

Fade gives his friend 1000 gp so that he can cast Restoration on himself to remove the negative level.

"I'm just about bust now fellas, look to your character sheets and yard sale some stuff. He needs gear before we go back."

POST YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS HERE.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Fade, Mad with Arcane Power wrote:
"Now that 8th level spells are online, would any of y'all like to become Storm Giants? Being a dragon is sort of fun, but I can't make you quite as large or impressive. Other forms are available too. I'm not quite sure yet what I'm going to be, maybe a Vampire or a Huge Earth Elemental. I think the ladies would prefer Fade the Smokin' Hawt Vampire."

Wink

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:31 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Damn - just now read this. Yeah, my idea is to sell the Hammer of Unmaking (priceless artifact) for anywhere from 50k to 200k depening on what it's actually worth (by powers it grants via the magic item rules) but instead trade it to a magic shop or a wizards guild or something who could make the best use of it to make money and make more items with it later (that way we do it by trade rather than by trying to find a ridiculously wealthy buyer which might no happen). If we did that we could kit the Cleric out handsomely though they would likely only give us half value on trades. That way we get our little Calamari loving friend some tools to work with (kind of like Rocket Racoon or something - he's a cleric and can make use of whatever he can get ahold of to get kitted up again). Jeff said mostly he needed stat items and another ring of invisibilty but any AC/save items would also be beneficial.

Good Times!!! Twisted Evil Razz Very Happy

The other PCs have some money too and we can also plan to make more stuff as well like a few more rods - I need a medium rod of elemental substition and Alan's guy needs a different one too. Now that we have the demi plance back it's time to kit up - I think we have some look to distrubute/sell too from the fire giant king and his underlings but the big haul was the Hammer of Thunderbolts... Twisted Evil Exclamation

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sorry about my rather distracted DM-ing last night. I started getting a rather severe sinus headache about 9:30 and probably should have just quit. Thanks for your patience.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Sorry about my rather distracted DM-ing last night. I started getting a rather severe sinus headache about 9:30 and probably should have just quit. Thanks for your patience.

No worries...next time just call it if you feel bad.
Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sure, sure. Still, I think it was a productive session, brief though it was. We worked through the issues with your character and got the ball rolling in terms of finding the device, wherever or whatever it might be.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Sure, sure. Still, I think it was a productive session, brief though it was. We worked through the issues with your character and got the ball rolling in terms of finding the device, wherever or whatever it might be.

I had fun and like all our sessions I just enjoy the social aspect of it as much as the game. Especially when we lure Meredith in by "taunting her a second time". Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSGkBWYDmrM
Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Totally agree, getting together for laughs with friends is really what RPGs and the gaming hobby is all about.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: