Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
ONLINE Rise of the Runelords
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post ONLINE Rise of the Runelords Reply with quote
And so it begins...

GOOGLE FOLDER

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
LINK TO ROLL20 GAME

Join in please so I can start making characters in the journal please. Lucien is already in there. New macros made, stuff going on. Should be ready to kick off on Sunday. Everyone excited?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
Aye! Just need to finish my character. I will have it posted either tonight or tomorrow depending on work

"Listen Vimlareon. It's a large world out there, and I taught you all I know. If you wish to learn more about magic, there is no better teacher than experience itself. May your quest to become an archmage be fulfilled."
Mirillium, Vim's master
Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
Here is my ongoing concept:

I shall be without fear in the face of mine enemies;
I shall speak the truth always, even if it means my death;
I shall protect the helpless, and do no wrong;
There once was a time of darkness, when no one stood against evil;
That time is over.

Mardo Ka (Blood Storm) of the Tamiir-Quah
The half elven son of bloodragers from Arcane and Fey bloodlines, he was raised by his father of the Tamiir-Quah and knows little of his mother or her people. As a child his mixed heritage was all but unrecognizable, but as he entered into puberty it manifested, as did the dual heritage of his parents’ bloodlines. From an early age, Mardo impressed the tribe with his survival abilities and independence, and at the same time gained a reputation for his fearlessness and passion for battle, which was often excessively savage even by Shaonti standards. However, Mardo also exhibited a wander lust that was unusual for his normally reclusive people, and was not particularly approved of by them or his father. Upon completing his adulthood rite of passage, he gained the Cilvat (Wind Soul) rune tattooed on his chest, and a tattoo of a mountain storm on his back to represent this duality.

Far from shunned, but still noticeably different due to his mixed heritage and wandering habits, Mardo took to a semi-solitary existence patrolling the borders of his people’s land. Due to this outlier existence and the fact that he was friendlier to strangers than the typical Tamiir-Quah, Mardo made the acquaintance of a Shoanti from the Shundar-Quah clan named Garen who was attempting to mediate a dispute between Mardo’s and another Shaonti clan.

Mardo learned many things from Garen, a Shaonti Cavalier, but mostly Mardo was impressed by Garen’s dedication to fighting for others rather than just jealously defending his clan’s own territory. When Garen departed, Mardo joined him with the intention of following in his footsteps as a cavalier. However, it quickly became apparent that Mado’s temperament, and fighting style, wasn’t really suited for such an endeavor. However, Mardo benefited from the armor training and strives to use his more natural abilities to uphold the principles that Garen lived by, which Mardo has adopted as his own. Accordingly, after training with Garen, Mardo set out on his own to protect others against the evils and perils of the world.

Mardo Ka, NG
Half Elven Steelblood Bloodrager (Arcane Bloodline)
S 16
I 8
W 12
D 10
C 15
Ch 13
15 point (includes a +2 Racial Bonus on St)
Half Elf-Dual Minded (sub for Adaptability) Fey Magic (sub for Keen Senses) Fey Thoughts (Sub for Multitalented)
Dual Minded: +2 on Will Saves
Fey Magic: Ranger Favored Terrain (Mountain: when in mountains, +2 on Init, Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival skill checks). SLA (1 per day each): Create Water, Spark, Guidance, Dream Feast
Fey Thoughts: Diplomacy and Sense Motive are class skills
Bloodrager
Traits: Bloody-Minded (+1 on Intimidate and Init) + AP Trait
Primary Skills: Intimidate, Perception, Diplomacy, Survival (3 skill points per level, will alternate diplomacy and survival (note…he has survival, but he will not be a tracker)
Favored Class: +1 HP/Level
Weapons: Falcata, Mighty Composite Longbow (when it can be afforded), Morning Star, Short Sword
Armor: Scale Mail (ultimately Plate Mail) + Heavy Shield (as a Steelblood, he can wear heavy armor and will be upgrading as he can afford to do so)

Feats:
1 Exotic Weapon Prof-Falcata
3 Power Attack
5 Arcane Strike
6 Iron Will (Bonus Bloodline)
7 Vital Strike
9 Improved Initiative (Bonus Bloodline) + Blooded Arcane Strike
11 Improved Vital Strike
12 Bonus Bloodline (likely Disprutive)
13 Improved Critical
15 TBD + Bonus Bloodline (likely Spellbreaker)

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
Do I need to move that to the other thread?

BTW...I am going with the campaign trait of Monster Hunter.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think it's fine that we talk about final character thoughts in here and just let the earlier thread rotate off the front page.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Begins in About 48 Hours

I need your characters in HERE so Derrick and I can do them up in HeroLabs!

@ Derrick,

Do you need me to do the .por file for your guy? I know you're between computers (or something like that) and didn't have all the hybrid classes yet.

@ ALL,

I have enabled the basic Pathfinder character sheets (for a couple of reasons actually). The thing looks overly complex, but if you spend a few minutes poking around, you'll see that it has quite a few macros built in. It also adds a Pathfinder Compendium tab (beside the journal and such) which seems very handy. Anyway, maybe someone can do some research and we can implement its usage into this campaign.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ ALLEN,

I have Balefire nearly completed. Which spells do you want to start off with? And what would your standard memorization for the day be?

You've got enough cash that you can start with a few scrolls and potions if you'd like.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
I don't know if I will be able to get the laptop by Sunday. If you could start it out I wil take over once we advance. I can handle others that are out of the basic packets.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
@ ALLEN,

I have Balefire nearly completed. Which spells do you want to start off with? And what would your standard memorization for the day be?

You've got enough cash that you can start with a few scrolls and potions if you'd like.

7 1st lvl Spells in Book:

Burning Hands
Color Spray
Silent Image
Mage Armor
Pro Evil
Grease
Celestial Healing

Normal Memorized:
Burning Hands x2
Color Spray

Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Mage Hand

Shoanti Gauntlet, Spiked -(mother's only surviving possession)
haramaki 3gp
Spell Book (at home) -- act as second copy
Traveling Spellbook 10 gp
2 water proof bag 1 gp
Backpack 2 gp
1 scroll case 1 gp
2x Bandolier (various spell components) 1gp

Scrolls (12.5 each)
Celestial Healing
Silent Image
Color Spray
Mage Armor

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have Balefire nearly completed (I'm sure you'll want to make adjustments) and uploaded onto the Google Drive. I'll get Mardo Ka "Answers with Sword" (us other players should get to choose your Shoanti Epitaph) Smile just a bit later today.

@ Allen,

Some odd choices there. Mage Armor is just nearly pointless at 1st level. I guess it's OK as a scroll though, I'd probably have more of them on a scroll I think maybe. You're AC 13 w/ 8 HP and don't die until -12 so you're more sturdy than you think as long as you don't get too many dangerous dudes on you.

Celestial Healing is terrible. It's a 37 gp scroll to craft for which cost you and Lucien (assume you've known him for a few weeks) could have made 3 CLW scrolls which will heal far, far more damage (via Oradin ability, it's possible that you could even heal 2 people with one). Just look at it as a "potion" that the Oradin will have to use on you when you decide to let him.

You have 7 starting languages actually so I made some logical choices. I took Celestial because I suspect you will want it for summons at some point. It will also help you during combat when someone may need to translate WTH the Oradin is saying since he speaks with Sarenrae when things get sticky.

Grease, Color Spray and Silent Image are really the best bets at 1st (maybe even 2nd) level. Reason being is that you need to get too close for comfort with Burning Hands and really, 2d4 though respectable can disappoint at times. If I'm getting that close, Color Spray is nearly a guaranteed Problem Solver. Daze is actually quite a bit better at very low levels than it looks (though it's a problem for you).

I bought the traveling spell book for you, but it's going to cost quite a bit to put spells in there. Maybe you go down that road once you've got quite a bit more coin on hand.

This is a a Good Guy campaign (otherwise I'll retire the Oradin and we can play scoundrels, srsly, I'm happy to run those sort of campaigns) so Jace, I mean Balefire, should be good-aligned in my opinion. I am an alignment nazi when Paladins get involved.

Last edited by scadgrad on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:28 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Mardo Ka COMPLETED

I kitted him out pretty tightly Derrick. You've got nothing but 1 gp left, no food nor water, no bedroll. I think that with Dreamfeast as a freebie, it's fluffy that he wouldn't have much other than his weapons and armor. The GODS will provide. I assigned Gorum (God of Battle) as his deity but of course you can change that if you wish. I gave him Falcata, Longbow, & Scale Male which cost quite a lot at first level. That meant he has a FREE club and dagger as backups, also, a small wooden shield.

All 3 of those characters now have tokens and characters in Roll20.

@ OTHER DUDES,

I have to tell you, RotR hits the ground running pretty fast so spend your initial gold wisely. I think you may stay at 1st level longer than you would in other APs. I will start this campaign tomorrow night even if it's only these 3 characters. Let's go guys. Don't overthink or paralysis-by-analysis your 1st level dude. I give you free rewrite on him for the first 2 sessions. Additionally, RotR is quite violent (Allen can attest to this) so low level dudes may snuff it anyway.

@ Derrick,

I can handle initial PCs, but I'll pass the .por files over as soon as you say so.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ ALL,

I am considering trying out the Automatic Bonus Progression Variant from PF Unchained. You can read about it on PFd20SRD. The gist is that you don't have to grocery list the Big 6 items and gain those bonuses automatically. This would mean that we'll see players using items that are very different from our previous PF, D&D 3.X games as it opens up slots and makes those cool items you find in APs even more valuable.

Read it over and think about it.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Bill and I are making progress on Athi Emberscream

She is the daughter of local merchants and of course, has the trait Rich Parents.

So, with the 900 gp available, I'd suggest:

MWK Longspear 305 gp
Agile Breastplate 400 gp

+ 5 javelins (better than a sling imo), a morningstar, and then 182 gp to buy wtvr scrolls and potions that you think would have excellent utility.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Purple Knight

Post Reply with quote
@Tony
You did perfect on the purchases. That was exactly how I intended to play him...the spells keep him sustained in the wilderness. The spells he gets from that ability will not have much impact on actual play, other than guidance once per day, but it seemed to suit the character better than entangle or some other more typical 1st level Druid spell. Trying to find a little flavor In an otherwise meta gamed character.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 1 of 79

Jump to: