Rise of the Runelord In Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Rise of the Runelord In Character
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

After the Black Arrows are extracted from the barn, our group is in collective agreement that the rest of the ogre-kin must be dealt with. Jakardos, is left with the horses and to reconcile with Shalelu. I hope the find the peace they need.

Our party enters the east side door.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
marksman

Post Reply with quote
Jakardros wrote:
... After what I saw in the barn back there, these assholes don't stand much of a chance against you lot. Kill 'em slow and make it painful says I. ...

Sunshi wrote:

@Lucien

Well that certainly sounds like clear instructions from the legal authority for these parts. Wouldn't you agree?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Lucien in rare form Reply with quote
The Dawnflower's Zealot wrote:
Indeed Good Sunshi your words are wise as always, though perhaps not as slurred as they were at the inn yesterday... but that's not important now. Though the work at hand be bloody, these devils shall have no mercy from our blades on this day. Though a swift death is surely more than they deserve, still, let us be swift in delivering justice. To arms men!

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marksman

Post Re: Lucien in rare form Reply with quote
The Dawnflower's Zealot wrote:
Indeed Good Sunshi your words are wise as always, though perhaps not as slurred as they were at the inn yesterday... but that's not important now. Though the work at hand be bloody, these devils shall have no mercy from our blades on this day. Though a swift death is surely more than they deserve, still, let us be swift in delivering justice. To arms men!

Sunshi wrote:

I do not "slur".

My eloquence is renowned in Tian Xia, drunk or sober.

It is this gibberish that you call a language that makes one sound as if one is speaking through a mouthful of river rocks.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
We move to eliminate the ogre kin from the house. For the sake of my readers, I will NOT record the macabre scene in the house.

Over the next hour we end possibly the grossest family I have ever encountered. One of the creatures escape.

We take our captive and remaining rangers back to Turtleback Ferry.

By the time of our arrival, Lucien's "Dawnflower Brigade" has set up camp outside the village.

I have to say it is nice too have luxuries like this on the road. I have always preferred the tent over an inn.

We are greeted by Lucien's staff.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

With the maps provided, we set out to the fort. On the way Madro, notices at Kevan (a Fort Ranik ranger) has a shedieron tattoo.

He is is promptly arrested, stripped of the tattoo and sent back to base-camp.

Jakardos informs us of a way in through the Arie.

Evannora dimension doors with Lucien and Sunshi, while I cast fly on Mardo and he carries me to the Arie. With the setting of the sun, we decide to camp and prep spells for tomorrow's encounter.

The tiny hut spell keeps us sheltered.

We descend the Arie's stairs through a small cave. The end of the passage is blocked by a cave in. Using dimension door and Mardo's raven spell, we transverse the rubble to find ourselves in the courtyard of Fort Ranik! (that was quick and easier that I planned)

-We came through the West side tunnel.

Unnoticed, we move behind a poorly constructed guard house. Sunshi notices voices. Sunshi and I move to watch the guard house door. While Evannora and Mardo move to take out the ogres guarding the gate.

While I am not exactly sure what happened next, but it seems that while squeezing between the stable and the outside fort wall, Evannora maked a sound and somehow alerted the guards.
[quote="Ogre Guards"
Alarm! Alarm! Humans iz in Da fort! Alarm! Alarm!
[/quote]

Evannora slumber 1 ogre and Mardo shoots arrows at the fort alerting ogre.

Knowing this ruse is over, I promptly step to the guard shack, open the door, see 4 ogres and their captain..... and fireball them! The guard shack explodes!!!

The 5 ogres are incinerated. The roof collapses, crushing any survivors. Timbers and debris fly outward causing myself some light harm. Lucien heals my wounds.

The alerting ogre kicks the slumbered ogre awake. I then end them both with another fireball.

Perhaps as many as 30+ ogres then erupt from some unknown barracks south of our position.

[img]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/f/f3/Untitleddfgdf.png/revision/latest?cb=20131114190738[/img]

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:16 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

With the maps provided, we set out to the fort. On the way Madro, notices at Kevan (a Fort Ranik ranger) has a shedieron tattoo.

Evannora dimension doors with Lucien and Sunshi, while I cast fly on Mardo and he carries me to the Arie. With the setting of the sun, we decide to camp and prep spells for tomorrow's encounter.

We descend the Arie's stairs through a small cave. The end of the passage is blocked by a cave in. Using dimension door and Mardo's raven spell, we transverse the rubble to find ourselves in the courtyard of Fort Ranik! (that was quick and easier that I planned)

Unnoticed, we move behind a poorly constructed guard house. Sunshi notices voices. Sunshi and I move to watch the guard house door. While Evannora and Mardo move to take out the ogres guarding the gate.

While I am not exactly sure what happened next, but it seems that while squeezing between the stable and the outside fort wall, Evannora maked a sound and somehow alerted the guards.
Ogre Guards wrote:

Knowing this ruse is over, I promptly step to the guard shack, open the door, see 4 ogres and their captain..... and fireball them! The guard shack explodes!!!

The 5 ogres are incinerated. The roof collapses, crushing any survivors. Timbers and debris fly outward causing myself some light harm. Lucien heals my wounds.

The alerting ogre kicks the slumbered ogre awake. I then end them both with another fireball.

Perhaps as many as 30+ ogres then erupt from some unknown position south to our south.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

Ogre Guards wrote:

Perhaps as many as 30+ ogres then erupt from some unknown position to our south.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:21 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
continued....

(I write quickly now as my time maybe short)

The ogres charge in mass. (yes, all +30 of them)

I raise my forcefield as they charge me. Lucien moves to join the others; as at this moment I am protected by my shield.

Evannora takes to the air. And, the others form a battleline.

The Ogre leader order his army to attack the flying magic user.

The orgre troupes let fly a swarm of javelins. Evannora falls.....

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Lady Elizabeth traveling top speed from Magnimar to Fort Rannik.

(talking to self) --- An angry rant.

Lady Elizabeth wrote:

"Indeed, me a courier, hauling theses trivial trinkets, which NONE belong to my master. Does he think me a mere slave? No one who has ever seen us together can doubt, THAT I amplify his powers. By all the gods, I am Nethys sent! He best not think me a half-wit simpleton!!! If Balefire has gone off and got himself hurt, he will never hear the end of it!! How many times do I have to save Balefire and his friends before they appreciate me!

Oh, he is sooo going to get a piece of my mind when I see him!"

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

Through maneuvering, combat prowessness, and fortitude. Sunshi, Luciean, and Mardo hold off the ogre army while I extract myself from my protective dome. Eva is stabilized.

The party groups the remaining ogres into a formation that nearly fits a fireball. I promptly end 9 more ogres. With their numbers broken, the ogres flee (2 get away).

Treasure from court yard wrote:
+1 Hide Armor (large)
+1 Hide Armor (large)
+1 Ogre hook
+1 Ogre hook
+1 Ogre hook

We search the court yard. The place is has been devastated by the ogres.
(gruesome remains, of Black arrow rangers..... everywhere) Surprised

Finding the doors to the inter-keep.

It seems that not ALL the ogres came out to fight. The sounds of many ogres can be heard behind the many doors.

First room:

a large ogre is eating, the party quickly ends him. BUT, he manages to shout an alarm just before he dies.

With a bit of quick thinking, I counter shout in a mimiced ogre voice.....

Balefire voice bluff wrote:
ALL IZ CLEAR... STFU and do what you was doin'

Amazingly..... the stupid creatures buy into my ruse.

Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

After using the linguistics of the Giant tongue to shout an 'all clear'. We proceed to clear out the complex's first floor.

Evanora's master of the enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting] spell Dominate Person is quite astounding. She Dominated an ogre and used the beast as a scout. Unfortunately, our ogre was killed by a bigger ogre..... better him than us...

** Side note: I never cared much for ripping the free-will off of any sentient being... people make choices and I either blow them up or not. Much cleaner.

treasure totals wrote:
+1 Hide Armor (large)
+1 Hide Armor (large)
+1 Hide Armor (large)
+1 Ogre hook
+1 Ogre hook
+1 Ogre hook
+1 Ogre hook

heading down the stairs....

We are met by 2 ogre body guards a 'woman' name Lucretia and Velvet (Lucien's personal assiatant. Shocked

Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
continued ...

While I am not on the front-line, I do hear the conversation.

Lucretia says she and Velvet have been expecting us. We are offered to join their cause.

Luciean, not having any of this declares a holy shout and readies to combat these foes.

**Side notes:
I am certain that “Lucretia” – is sister of Xanesha Lamia Matriarch

As to "Velvet's" role. (2 theories)

Fake Velvet....

Could Xanesha have taken Velvet's form? (to confuse us.) After all she was invited to come here.

The real Velvet....

Could Velvet be an spy/ infiltrator? And, part of the sheidrion cult?
Could she have been abducted then charmed/ dominated?

I was wondering about Lucien's interviewing process.... (improper vetting)

Regardless, there a 2 BIG ogres, one Lamia Matriarch, and one unknown.....

Mon May 08, 2017 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
continued .....

Lucien wrote:
I do not believe it. No way that could be Velvet. I detect the presence of evil in the room and suspects duplicity or sorcery here. Either way, Justice Demands Retribution!.

Balefire wrote:
I agree. I last left Lady with Velvet. I would have felt it if Lady were killed....

I suspect TWO Lamia Matriarchs! These bewitching creatures ignite my blood!!!.... This evil will end today!

Steady yourselves for their 'magical honeyed words' !!

Balefire wrote:

"Do not let them speak. They will put a spell on us!"
This must be quick!!

Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel

Post Reply with quote
VVV

Last edited by Weasel on Thu May 18, 2017 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: