battlebuddy.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Rise of the Runelord In Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Rise of the Runelord In Character
Author Message
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
(Someone will need to take Balefire's log books and do the the logs)

_________________
Thu May 18, 2017 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log (Last log)

The Lamia Matriarchs charm Mardo. Seeing them as a ally he does nothing.

** Side note -- I despise the charm school -- being robbed of mental facilities is a fate worse than death. **

Sunshi leaps into the middle of the room and begins beating our foe.

Seeing an opportunity to act, I enter the room and use my most power spell.... a MAXIMIZED EMPOWERED FIREBALL. All foes parish, except Lucretia. Our combined effort ends her.

Seeing that the leaders of this insurrection of ogres are eliminated we move about the fort exterminating the remaining ogres.

The upper areas of the keep seem to show Ogre activity. Mardo says he hears a ogre behind a set of double doors. We try to sneak in, but this ogre must have been looking at the door..... Growing bored of eliminating the simple creatures, I quick fire a set of magic missiles to end the beast....

Curious, the creature was able to take the damage that would have killed its lesser kin.

** Side note: Now that I see the beast in close proximity, it is truly a remarkable specimen. He is massive and wields an enchanted ogre hook, I find it curious how easy they wield such weapons. They do indeed look sharp... capable of slashing through ....


Oh! My..



_________________
Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Purple Knight



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1481
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Post Reply with quote
Mardo

So for whatever reason, Balefire decides to play with an Ogre instead of blasting him into oblivion and suffered greatly for his hubris. Fortunately, Lucien and Evanora were able to make relatively quick work out of him, which is a good thing because quite frankly, the remaining combat is a bit of a confused blur of images for me. I seem to recall not being able to quite decide what to do, and apparently in my confused frenzy I actually cut myself several times. At one point, and here things really get confusing, it does not make sense, but I think Sunshi threw me into a room full of Ogres and slammed the door on me. Bad news for the Ogres as their attacks helped me break through my confusion and I was able to dispatch them, even from the prone position that I somehow found myself in.

Unfortunately, without the clarity of battle, my confusion returned. At some point, I had a single moment of clarity and I was able to get back into the mix of combat with a female Ogre that even in my confused state I recognized as a caster. Lucien was already engaged in combat with the beast, and fortunately she obliged me by attacking me when I went past which allowed me to regain a bit of focus, though apparently not greatly so because right after I arrived suddenly it appeared there were three of the foul creatures.

However, the ensuing combat was even more confusing for me as my allies, Sunshi and Lucien, were not able to focus their efforts to the usual deadly precision that we normally enjoy. Regardless, through as much luck as skill, we were able to drive her off, though unfortunately the moment she left the mix, Sunshi and Lucien started fighting each other. I gave chase to the beast (so as not to get involved in the fight between Lucien and Sunshi) and came across another Ogre sleeping in the hall. Still not able to focus my thoughts properly, I gave up the chase and instead dispatched the sleeping Ogre. Upon doing so, my confusion seemingly lifted and I was able to think clearly for the first time since we opened that first door. However, Lucien and Sunshi continued fighting and Evanora had to put them both to sleep, which was good, but Sunshi was so enraged that he tried to finish Lucien off while he was asleep.

Given the situation, with only myself and Evanora conscious and functioning, one party member dead, another dying, and a third sleeping, I gave up on chasing the fleeing she beast. Quickly shaking down Balefire for whatever curative potions he had, and summoning my spirit guide for a quick healing spell on my own, we got Lucian back on his feet.

For the moment, I think we need to consider what we are going to to about Balefire.

_________________
He made no wild, reckless vow; he swore no oath by saints or devils; he said only: Men shall die for this.
Thu May 18, 2017 11:43 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

The last thing I remember....
Darkness took me and I strayed away through thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead


and every day was as long as a life age of the earth... But it was not the end. I felt life in me again.

I've been sent back!



**Sidenote: I will expand on this, but for the now .... words fail me. **

_________________
Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

After my awaking, Sunshi, Luciean, Velvet and I, sold treasure items and teleported by to Turtleback Ferry.

The weather conditions were horrible to to say the least. Torrential rain has sat upon the village. Rivers overflowing, town lake exceeding its banks. Flash flooding takes the town.

Straight out of a deviant priest's guide to an apocalypse, Giant Snakes attack the villagers.

And, then something else.... a creature few dare speak of, and something I have only read of.... a

BLACK MAGGA !



_________________
Mon May 22, 2017 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Seeing that the 'dead tree' that spilled into town is not a 'dead tree', but a Black Magga........

The party stands in awe .... as a gargantuan sea beast rises from the turbulent waters and roars to announce its presence.


Mardo:
Unless divine intervention in the cards, I have nothing to offer in this battle other than a noble death. We should try and get as many people out of here as we can!


Balefire: Evanorra and I might be able to distract it.
via Imgflip Meme Generator[/quote]

Sunshi looks at the gargantuan snake monster for a few moments more.

Sunshi:
Well..
If it had legs, I could trip it.
If it had arms, I could grapple it.
If it had a weapon, I could disarm it.
If I could swim, I could flank it.

I'll hold your beer.

Balefire: I hope your good with illusions Evannora.... Cover me.

Lucien stares in disbelief at the gargantuan monstrosity and without hesitation charges forward with dread certainty of his own imminent demise.

Lucien: "Depart foul creature!"

_________________
Wed May 24, 2017 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Here is Bale's plan:

Im going up in the air. Outside the creatures reach and pelt it with Fireballs. Until it dies, leaves, I run out of magic, or it somehow kills me.

Evannora and Familiars should create distracting illusions.

Everybody else rescue the people or chip in arrows.

_________________
Wed May 24, 2017 11:01 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
marksman



Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 1110
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

Post Reply with quote
Sunshi, jogging lightly along side of the charging, heavily armored, Lucien:

Sunshi in Celestial wrote:

Lucien my courageous friend. Your duty lies before you, but not with that monster. Look around. <Sunshi gestures to the villagers running for their lives.>

You might delay that creature for a short time with your life and mine, but he will devour these people after we are gone. Your duty lies in the more difficult path, leaving this monster to destroy empty buildings and illusions created by our friends while we save the only thing that counts here...them <gestures to villagers>.

Sarenae would not choose to stand by while innocents perish even in an attempt to bring a great evil to justice.



_________________
Sunshi, unwilling visitor to Sandpoint
Wed May 24, 2017 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 9094
Location: The Bear cave

Post Reply with quote
Lucien wrote:
I may end up in that beast's gullet Sunshi, and if so, you must recover my remains if you can, taking them to the temple in Magnimar where good Brother Luka will pray over me. While I distract it, the rest of you rescue the townsfolk. Speak well of me should Sarenrae take me to her bosom, n'er to return to these bright lands.

Smiling broadly, the dauntless Paladin charges at the monstrosity.

_________________
Wed May 24, 2017 4:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marksman



Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 1110
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Lucien wrote:
I may end up in that beast's gullet Sunshi, and if so, you must recover my remains if you can, taking them to the temple in Magnimar where good Brother Luka will pray over me. While I distract it, the rest of you rescue the townsfolk. Speak well of me should Sarenrae take me to her bosom, n'er to return to these bright lands.

Smiling broadly, the dauntless Paladin charges at the monstrosity.


Sunshi in Celestial wrote:

Well take this and at least the beast may choke on you. <Sunshi passed Lucien a potion of Enlarge Person>.


_________________
Sunshi, unwilling visitor to Sandpoint
Wed May 24, 2017 5:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log




The Storm surge strikes...........
Black Magga rises. And, starts to gorge itself on the townsfolk. I launch a fireball to try a detour its actions. Do only minimal damage. Lady blocks the creatures view of a school house that is full of children using an illusion. After getting the creatures attention.... it breathes a cone of confusion on us. ALL of the party fail, but myself.

With the party effected by this near demi-god creature's breath

TOTAL ..Madness ensues....


Evanora attacks me with Sleep Hex... I shrug it off. Mardo attacks me as well..... His weapon prowess with the fauchard is quite stunning and would have surely bisected me if it were not for my Emergency Forcefield.

Sunshi decides to attack the Black Magga.
I krill you now, Black Magga!

Lucien attacks Mardo.

Evanora then Hexes Lucien... Lucien falls asleep.

Seeing that Sunshi is in the most immediate danger, Lady tries to create a silent image of a shield to protect Sunshi. Black Magga sees right through it. And, kills Sunshi.

I turn invisible and then dismiss my shield. Lady telekinetic throws Lucien... thus waking him up.

Evanora starts uncomprehendingly babbling.

Lady now launches Mardo into the beast.

[in retrospect: Lady made a fine decision.... confused people are just as likely to attack friends if given a choice. She directed Mardo to the correct thing to attack]

Black Magga savagely bites Mardo (crit), and he falls unconscious.

With my blood ignited, I launch my most powerful fireball. The creature retreats into the depths of the lake.




We are left with a slowly receding flood waters, a storm, and a dead friend.


Turtleback Ferry is saved.
The town hails us as heroes, but this victory feels hollow. I wish I could have done more......




_________________


Last edited by Weasel on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bass BB



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1940
Location: Glen Allen, VA

Post Reply with quote
Evanora awakes from this stupor....rage ensues as she sees the broken body of the brave Sunshi. Finally she starts to understand how the rest of the party felt when Athi died. Maybe they are less to blame than she initially thought.

_________________
All hail the brave monk Sunshi!
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
The Statue of Defiance at Turtleback Ferry
Quote:

Here on this very spot Sunshi stood in defiance against Black Magga.
Through his efforts 28 school children were saved as well the all people of Turtleback Ferry.

"No matter how the Black Magga rages, Sunshi will not bow to it."



_________________
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:10 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Weasel



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 7055
Location: Weasel Woods, Tn

Post Reply with quote
Balefire's Log

It is decided that we should inspect the Dam at Skulls Crossing


The dam's main function is to hold back the Storval Deep. (lake) Obviously the flood controls are not working correctly.
Upon our arrival a band of ogres are hammering/ mining at an attempt to weaken the the structure. Mardo draws their attention and I promptly fireball them.
'

We enter the central tower and clear it of some trolls that have been warring with the ogres. After reaching the 'control room' note that that the dams power source is not functioning correctly.

The dam is powered draining the life essence of two imprisoned creatures locked in pair of summoning circles. Apparently, one of the creatures is a devil of some sort and the other creature has succumbed to the draining forces of the dam. The existing devil was very weak, we ignored its barging attempts.

Davos summons a creature into the empty circle and the dam is roars back to life..... and the floodgates open.

Turtleback is saved.

_________________
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bass BB



Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1940
Location: Glen Allen, VA

Post Reply with quote
Evanora, after the events, confided in Balefire that she had some inner conflict about that poor devil that has been in that summoning circle for ages. Ending him entirely was definitely on the menu in her mind but she decided that fixing the dam was more important. The devil will live for more centuries trapped and slowly weakening until it too becomes dust.....

_________________
All hail the brave monk Sunshi!
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin / Easy Tutorials (Photoshop Tutorials).