battlebuddy.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Battletech game 11/12

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Battletech game 11/12
Overdog

Post Battletech game 11/12 Reply with quote
I found all my stuff but I realized all we really need is the boxed set which I have also. I am going to set up the teams and mechs ahead of time so all you will need to do is to pick your mech from your team.

I will setup a 2v2 and a 3v3 list in case Tony's boys want to play too.

And Jim if you are going to be there let me know and I will incorporate you in also.
Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Alan

Post Reply with quote
let me know if i need to bring anything
Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Count me in - never played this one but worked for the Kesmai Corporation in Charlottesville when they were making the Battle Tech computer game back in the day. I worked on Air Warrior illos and pixel drawings for Legends of Kesmai but never actually worked on any Battletech stuff unfortunately. Irregardless I feel privlaged to have worked for both Kesmai and Iron Crown Enterprises back then - both were ground breaking game companies in Charlottesville and the result of living in a college town. Kesmai eventually got bought out by Electronic Arts which was unfortunate since after the sale they looted Kesmai's software code for both Battletech and Air Warrior and then shut the company down in C'ville so a bunch of my buds were then out of a job including me. VA was on the map before that in terms of great RPG, paper game (including board and card games), and computer game companies. Not unlike what happened with ICE's MERP license - they wanted to make more money by switching to a new company other than ICE - we know how that went (two companies and licenses later and they have barely accomplished what ICE did with MERP). They called in their ICE debts and bankrupted the company - the curse of trying to create product under license as opposed to doing your own thing, in the latter case you don't have to pay a royalty to put out product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesmai
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_BattleTech_3025

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Here are the teams depending on who plays. I originally suggested 3025 mechs but I think it would be more fun to play with 3050 so these are the 3050 models. These are the standard loadouts and not variants.

Team 1 is 3v3 and Team 2 is 2v2. I will make sure we all have printed up mech sheets for these so we can jump right in.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
This is assuming Tony will be up to gaming after his marathon. If not we can do this next time.
Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:20 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm definitely up for it. I'll catch a long nap after the 1/2 marathon so, other than being pretty sore, I should be fine.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I survived the half marathon so, looking forward to getting a mech shot out from under me tonight. Wink

I think all 3 of the kids will play actually. Clare can help me copilot wtvr it is I'm playing.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Jeff for lending me the keys to the Tiger Tank Maus V2 Prototype during the game and showing me how to use it - just relentlessly go forward and crush or shoot things in your way until they are gone... lol (mucho appreciado) My idea of a good time anyday TBH.

Put me in a Mark Ie tiger and I'm good to go for hours or a Mark II if I don't need the speed and need the extra firepower/armor. Twisted Evil and a Maus is even better... Razz

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That was indeed fun and would be happy to play again sometime!

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
You wont get any argument from me and Alan. Next time I want to play Clan mechs, mainly because I never go to and then maybe we can do a throw back to 3025 or visa versa.
Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
XCoconutmonkey06X

Post Reply with quote
I still have a bunch of those suckers from when I grabbed the boxed set from OEJ a few years back. Kind of fiddly but an enjoyable game

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: