Giantslayer Friday 1/20
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Giantslayer Friday 1/20
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Giantslayer Friday 1/20 Reply with quote
Start at 8:30 and punk some Fire Giants, who's with me?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Sounds good but I cant be there until 9:15ish
Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Right, right. We'll simply be setting up and waiting for your arrival Your Grace. Wink

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hey Jeff,

Assuming you have everyone's .por file (except Fade which I have), can you take a look at the Wealth by Level. Fade is ridiculously poor with about 62% of gear and though I think he's doing ok, I'm concerned that others may be under-equipped as well. We've gotten this far in this AP and I'd really rather not have a wipe due to the paucity of treasure. We've taken the direct approach a good bit and I think for the most part, all of us have enjoyed that. OTOH, it has caused us to miss out on quite a bit of loot. I noticed that Fade was still sportin' a +1 Ring of Prot and a +1 Amulet of Nat Armor. At 14th level, that's pretty weak. Anyway, even though the awesome artifacts might throw the equation off, I suspect if we exclude Allen (who has like, what 15 artifacts LOL), I'm betting we're a bit under-geared.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Hey Jeff,

Assuming you have everyone's .por file (except Fade which I have), can you take a look at the Wealth by Level. Fade is ridiculously poor with about 62% of gear and though I think he's doing ok, I'm concerned that others may be under-equipped as well. We've gotten this far in this AP and I'd really rather not have a wipe due to the paucity of treasure. We've taken the direct approach a good bit and I think for the most part, all of us have enjoyed that. OTOH, it has caused us to miss out on quite a bit of loot. I noticed that Fade was still sportin' a +1 Ring of Prot and a +1 Amulet of Nat Armor. At 14th level, that's pretty weak. Anyway, even though the awesome artifacts might throw the equation off, I suspect if we exclude Allen (who has like, what 15 artifacts LOL), I'm betting we're a bit under-geared.

I only really have my por updated. Alan's is on paper, Dan's is about 5 levels old and Jim has his own. I am at 150k which is still 35k under the average wealth for this level.
Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
scadgrad wrote:
Hey Jeff,

I only really have my por updated. Alan's is on paper, Dan's is about 5 levels old and Jim has his own. I am at 150k which is still 35k under the average wealth for this level.

Actually, Aerindur is only 3 levels behind - we are now 14th level and the last one I have from you is 11th level. I was pretty close to wealth by level at that point but I have no clue now - he's most likely behind as well by a lot at this point considering the last major loot drop and purchase was at 12th or 13th level and we haven't received much since then. I'll send you the updates when I get a chance - it shouldn't take too long if you have the time to update him. I'm pretty sure I've missed a few things as well on his character sheet by doing it manually - so far I've only done that for two levels so I won't waste any time on 14th level.

I can be there on Friday if we are a go.

X X
...X
X X

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!

Last edited by Iguana on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think we need to put Hero Labs to work here and get a total. We're a at good spot in Book 5 to make adjustments. We can't really hand wave and say "2 weeks pass by", but it is plausible that we spend a day of shopping in Kalsgard and get the other dudes close to the Wealth-by-level standards. I just don't want to have a Party Wipe because we overlooked it.

@ Jim,

What is your gear total currently?

@ Allen & Dan,

Could you get with either Jeff or Jim so we can get proper Hero Lab numbers on your PCs?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Howdy Jeff, please update Aerindur as follows:

12th Level: Stat bump Intelligence, Magus Arcana Maximize Magic, high average hits (+9 now)

13th Level: Feat Craft Rod, Heavy Armor, high average hits (+9 now)

14th Level: Greater Spell Combat, BAB increase, save increase, high average hits (+9 now)

Hit Points 129 now total (high average, favored class bonus +1/level, + 2 bonus, +1 toughness feat - verify)

Spells (memorized only I'll keep track of spell book):
0 Level: Detect Magic, Open/Close, Light, Spark, Mage Hand
1st Shock Grasp, Wave Shield, True Strike, Vanish, Blend, Magic Missile, Chill Touch
2nd Mirror Image, Scorching Ray, False Life, Levitate, Piercing Shocking Grasp, Intensified Burning Hands
3rd Haste, Fly, Fireball, Blink, Emp Shock Grasp
4th Greater Invisibility, Dim Door, Fire Shield, Dragon Breath, Elemental Body 1
5th Fire Snake, Cone of Cold, Teleport

New Magic Items (in addition or upgrades to ones from 11th level):
+2 Mithril Agile Breastplate
Staff of Frost 9 charges left
+1 Spell Storing Katana - Empowered Shocking Grasp
Belt of Physical Perfection +2 Con/Dex (replace belt of incredible dexterity - upgraded)
Cold Lesser Elemental Rod
+1 Mithril Buckler Spell Storing - Vampiric Touch (upgraded item)
Elven Boots
Wand of Unseen Servent 50 charges

I'll keep track of potions, scrolls, and other consumables of which there are many...

Other:
1 Masterwork Cold Iron Dagger, 1 Masterwork silver dagger

Sklils (didn't keep track of what I took per level but here they are updated to 13th - let me know if the count is off since I did it manually):
Total Skill points 6/ level now (2 +4 for Int Bonus - fly is skill for headband of vast Int +2)

Acrobatics 13
Climb 1
Fly 13
Knowledge Arcana 3
Knowledge Dungeoneering 4
Knowledge Planes 4
Linguistics 1 (add Terran Language)
Perception 13
Spellcraft 13
Stealth 13
Swim 1
Use Magic Device 13

Add one skill point to each with 13 - so Acrobatics, Fly, Perception, Spellcraft, Stealth, and Use Magic Device (all should be 14 now)

If I forgot to list anything or if I've made any mistakes please let me know....

Thanks in advance!!!
Smile Cool Wink

Last edited by Iguana on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for putting that up Dan. I know I'm probably being a bit too concerned, but I do think that sticking pretty close to the Wealth-per-level is important and after noticing how far off Fade currently is sitting, I thought we should take a look at it.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
@Dan, your updates are on the google drive.
Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
@Dan, your updates are on the google drive.

You are the man Jeff! Updates have been falling by the wayside lately but it's mostly because we've been playing more infrequently - hopefully that will change soon! Smile Question (now that the holidays are over anyway)

I kept it going for two levels prior to 14th level manually (and I'm sure Alan has too) - was I off on any of the numbers that you noticed or did I make any mistakes with my pencil and paper updates? If so let me know. I'll have a look soon.

I really appreciate it man! Smile

Quote:
WEALTH BY LEVEL IS A RIGHT NOT AN OPTION!!!! Power to the imaginary Pathfinder paper people... lol Razz (Thanks DM Tony!) Cool

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Thanks for putting that up Dan. I know I'm probably being a bit too concerned, but I do think that sticking pretty close to the Wealth-per-level is important and after noticing how far off Fade currently is sitting, I thought we should take a look at it.

Yessssssss......... Twisted Evil

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
I think we need to put Hero Labs to work here and get a total. We're a at good spot in Book 5 to make adjustments. We can't really hand wave and say "2 weeks pass by", but it is plausible that we spend a day of shopping in Kalsgard and get the other dudes close to the Wealth-by-level standards. I just don't want to have a Party Wipe because we overlooked it.

@ Jim,

What is your gear total currently?

@ Allen & Dan,

Could you get with either Jeff or Jim so we can get proper Hero Lab numbers on your PCs?

We don't have much money to spend (not much loot last time if any) but wealth by level updates could fix that. So a shopping spree and/or magic item making spree/plans could be a lot of fun - what's behind door number 3 Monty Hall? (i.e. Monty loot Haul...) Razz Question Twisted Evil Monopoly money is fun to play with.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.... lolz Laughing

scadgrad wrote:

@ Allen & Dan,

By the way Alan's first name has one "L" and no "E's".... Embarassed (SP) but you knowed that.... Wink

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
So Dan, what happened last night? Where were you?
Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:22 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Short and Sweet Recap

The PCs, "Olaf the Giant King" and Thoon setup the cave-in just as planned. The results isolate both the Barracks and the Lower Levels from the Grinder and Upper Levels. Giving Olaf strict orders to stay on guard with Thoon and await our return, we use Getaway to travel to the Lonesome Squid in Kalsgard.

We divvy up the massive jewel cache that we found (your PC will be given gp sufficient to bring you up to CWL of 180K) and go shopping in Kalsgard. Fade insults most of the high end merchants owing to the paucity of their wares (rolled a 16 and a 20) and so he's not able to find either of the desired items he is looking for. We quickly Teleport to Absalom only to find that there has been a recent run on Ioun Stones in Absalom and it is a seller's market (I rolled an 18, but found the other one). With proper gear befitting characters of such imminence and power, we employ Greater Teleport and arrive back to the waiting lackeys Thoon and King Olaf.

The PCs advance through the lava tubes of the Grinder, an extra tough training area where giants prepare to assault human castles and the like. Since everyone can see without much light, we are able to spy rooms ahead of us before giving away our presence. This allows the Ranger to scout ahead and then we set up ambushes. Find the Path sets us on a direct path to the "False Fire Giant King". The first two rooms were a guard outpost and some sort of Castle Wall Training Room. There were a few TRAITOR giants in each of these, along with a goodly number of Orc slaves in the latter. We cleared both of these via an excellent ambush setup by the Ranger. The Goblin and Fade "convinced a few new recruits" of the righteousness of the just cause of the recently-revealed One True King Olaf and his ranks are now growing. In essence, Jeff now has 2 Fire Giants charmed and Fade in his typical "anything you can do I can do better" modus operandi has Dominated a normal Fire Giant and a Lt Fire Giant.

We paused after rounding up the Orc slaves in the Castle Room. The party is trying to decide what to do with them, of course Fade and the Goblin have espoused devious plans. With the two Dominated Fire Giant thralls lying prostrate before him, Olaf the Great is now utterly convinced of the lie that Fade and Xadok-Khar the Goblin King have fed him. This should get interesting.

Last edited by scadgrad on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: