Giantslayer Friday 1/20
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Nice write up. A fun session as usual.
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
So Dan, what happened last night? Where were you?

Sorry, totally spaced out - thought it was saturday for some reason after having a rough day at work. We had this big company lunch thing during the day and then I had to stay late to fix a mistake I made on one of the plan sets.

If one of you guys had called or texted me I would have come right over - I was just watching TV. Usually if Jim is running late or we aren't sure if he's coming I give him a call. Question

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
@Dan, your updates are on the google drive.

Howdy Jeff, can you post or send me the Magus' current wealth by level updates for Aerindur? Sorry if I let you down yesterday - I know you were like "I just updated Dan's character 3 levels in Hero Labs and he didn't even show" but like I said I had a rough day at work and had to mellow out afterwards. Anyhoo, I apologize for that Embarassed

Also Tony, I will need to know how much money I have to spend on magic item upgrades for Aerindur.

Also, Tony if you can let me know the chances of Kaalsgard and the other city for finding what you want to buy that would be great and I'll just roll it on the honor system. Also need to know how much time we had to fabricate stuff - if anyone needs any rods or wands let me know, I may be working on one or two for the elf as well. Cool

From the recap it kind of sounded like a book keeping session anyway so I can do that stuff remotely. Smile

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Lootz update:

OK, so the loot from the previous session was....

2 suits of +2 Giant sized half plate (nothing to sneeze at)
2 +1 Great Swords Giant sized

Not sure what you guys got off the giants tonight but hopefully someone wrote it down.

Also, Jeff I made a mistake on the spell storing buckler - it's actually on the armor so his armor is a +3 item now (+2 armor that is spell storing) so that could affect his wealth by level a bit (worth more than a +1 spell storing mithral buckler). Once I've had a chance to upgrade his new magic items and equipment I'll let you know. Again, thanks in advance! Very Happy Twisted Evil

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:51 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
Iguana wrote:
Overdog wrote:
So Dan, what happened last night? Where were you?

Sorry, totally spaced out - thought it was saturday for some reason after having a rough day at work. We had this big company lunch thing during the day and then I had to stay late to fix a mistake I made on one of the plan sets.

If one of you guys had called or texted me I would have come right over - I was just watching TV. Usually if Jim is running late or we aren't sure if he's coming I give him a call. Question

Sorry man, you are right, should have called. Embarassed

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
@Dan, updated POR is on Google Drive.

Ignore all tracked treasure up to this point because Tony hand waved it to get us up to the current wealth by level.

You have 180,000-134,688 = 45,312 GP

You cant spend more than 16000K on any one item.
Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:
@Dan, updated POR is on Google Drive.

Ignore all tracked treasure up to this point because Tony hand waved it to get us up to the current wealth by level.

You have 180,000-134,688 = 45,312 GP

You cant spend more than 16000K on any one item.

So Tony, what are the chances of finding an item in Kalsgard and that other city we went to afterwards?

I have some ideas of what to buy but need to find out if these items are available.

Also, how much crafting time have we had since last session - I think Alan's rod is ready but I'm not sure. I have a few other things I'd like to make to going forward. Question

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There has been one adventuring day of crafting and that is it.

There is a 75% chance that any item of 16k value or less is available in Kalsgard. We then teleported to Absalom (same day) so 75% chance there as well.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
So Jeff and Tony, any ideas for 16k or less magic items for the Magus?

Ring of Arcane Mastery is out (a specific Magus item) since it's a 20k item - also would take Fade 25 days to craft it so it doesn't look like he'll ever get one of those even though it's #1 on his list of wants

Thinking of a Headband of Vast Intelligence +4 - never a bad thing for a wizard type to have a high intelligence especially since it would give him extra magus arcana points. It would only give him one extra sixth level spell if we ever make it to 16th level and I'm not sure if we will or if this adventure tops out at 15th. Still could be worth it for the extra Magus arcana pool points and I could sell the other one. Costs 16k so it's spot on money wise. Not sure how the "featured" skill would work though - the one I had made I got to choose (Fly) but if I buy one I'm assuming it would be random.

Could buy more rods but staffs are out as they are usually 20k or more. There are a few rods that could be useful though especially against storm and cloud giants and stuff (elemental subsitution etc.)

Could trade in the belt of physical might for the belt of physical perfection to bump up his strength too but he's a dex fighter so I'm not sure how much good that would do or if it would be worth it (also a 16k item).

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... Rings? Armor upgrades? Weapon upgrades? Rods? Wondrous items? Ioun Stones? AC items? Dex bump items? Ring of Inviso etc... Question Idea

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Headband for any spell caster is really worth it. I know that most of your spells are Shocking Grasp and therefor No Save, but for those Fireballs and the like, the extra C on the save is very important. You choose a skill and then get ranks up to to your HD in that skill.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Thinking about trading in my other gear for a headband of vast intelligence +4 and a +1 giant slaying spell storing katana assuming they are aveilable. If so I can sell the other two items to buy stufff.... Cool

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:13 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That would make one-shotting Fire Giants even more fun. LOL

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
Are we playing Friday or Saturday this week?

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Tony said Saturday the last time I spoke with him a couple of days ago. Subject to change of course... Smile

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Saturday of this week. I'll put a thread up.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: