Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Giantslayer Saturday 2/4
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Giantslayer Saturday 2/4 Reply with quote
Hey gang,

Saturday night 2/4 for Pathfinder. We'll start up at 9:00 unless Jeff can meet a bit earlier.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
I dont work out on Saturdays so I can come whenever.
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Alan

Post Reply with quote
Ill be there
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
X

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
Sorry, but I am not going to make it tonight. Sad

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ugh, Jim do you mind if we proceed and just run your PC? With the exhibit coming up in March, I only have a few free nights for Pathfinder. Sad

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:01 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
Yes, please proceed!!! Sorry, should have said that in my original message.

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:56 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Onward we go!

We'll likely take next week off so I can get a session of B/X with the kids next weekend.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Onward we go!

We'll likely take next week off so I can get a session of B/X with the kids next weekend.

FYI...I will be out of town the Saturday after that.
Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Well, that week, we'll play on Friday night instead, or maybe I'll do B/X that weekend instead. We can make a plan tonight.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Are we starting at 9 or earlier?
Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Overdog wrote:

I was planning on being there at 8:30 if you can.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Iguana wrote:
Overdog wrote:

I was planning on being there at 8:30 if you can.

sounds good
Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ Jim,

We weren't able to run the Ranger since the PC sheet on the Google drive was quite a bit lower level than he should be. No sense in getting him killed so he sort of tagged along with the fire giants (who mostly blundered around looking threatening whilst confusing the enemy giants).

The party was able to make our way through the last room of The Grinder level. The final encounter of the level pitted us against 4 fire giants and a Fire Giant Captain mounted on a smoke-belching rhinoceros construct. Dan Dimension Doored himself, Thoon and Allen right into their midst which nearly killed both Allen and Thoon. I believe that was the first real challenge we had seen in this module, but the biggest problem was that the Rhino mount had the Trample ability and then the Giant Captain "criticaled" Allen's War Priest in a round during which he hit him all 3 times, taking him down to 1 hp. It's noteworthy that Mr White heckled the party afterwards for listening to Fade and allowing him to do the planning.

Grumpy Old Man Pookha wrote:
I can certainly understand why you might trust him to arrange your various couplings at the brothel next week, but why in heavens would anyone go along with his "battlefield tactics"? I am calling shenanigans here. I am certain that Master Treehorn easily saw through the weakness in this plan and was trolling the War Priest in agreeing to go along with it. It's the only logical explanation for delivering him and the dolt Thoon into the midst of the enemy only to teleport swiftly away once things got hairy as it were. Oh my. Either that or you were all quite well into your cups.

Now we move onto Part 3 of the book. Find the Path is allowing us to avoid quite a bit of side areas, but this book is still a bit grindy. Luckily, it has been hilarious watching the giants get mowed down by this party, very rewarding considering how we've struggled with AP up to this point.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
@ Jim,

We weren't able to run the Ranger since the PC sheet on the Google drive was quite a bit lower level than he should be. No sense in getting him killed so he sort of tagged along with the fire giants (who mostly blundered around looking threatening whilst confusing the enemy giants).

The party was able to make our way through the last room of The Grinder level. The final encounter of the level pitted us against 4 fire giants and a Fire Giant Captain mounted on a smoke-belching rhinoceros construct. Dan Dimension Doored himself, Thoon and Allen right into their midst which nearly killed both Allen and Thoon. I believe that was the first real challenge we had seen in this module, but the biggest problem was that the Rhino mount had the Trample ability and then the Giant Captain "criticaled" Allen's War Priest in a round during which he hit him all 3 times, taking him down to 1 hp. It's noteworthy that Mr White heckled the party afterwards for listening to Fade and allowing him to do the planning.

Grumpy Old Man Pookha wrote:
I can certainly understand why you might trust him to arrange your various couplings at the brothel next week, but why in heavens would anyone go along with his "battlefield tactics"? I am calling shenanigans here. I am certain that Master Treehorn easily saw through the weakness in this plan and was trolling the War Priest in agreeing to go along with it. It's the only logical explanation for delivering him and the dolt Thoon into the midst of the enemy only to teleport swiftly away once things got hairy as it were. Oh my. Either that or you were all quite well into your cups.

Now we move onto Part 3 of the book. Find the Path is allowing us to avoid quite a bit of side areas, but this book is still a bit grindy. Luckily, it has been hilarious watching the giants get mowed down by this party, very rewarding considering how we've struggled with AP up to this point.

I think what DM Tony is trying to say here (trying not to laugh... Embarassed ) is never trust the DM's PC's advice when going into a hazardous situation... (duh!!!) lolz! Razz Twisted Evil Wink (It's a TRAP!!!)

Wut were we thinkin? SRSLY.... Idea

Pretty much Alan's War Priest, Thoon, and Areindur were bait and we got stressed out like minnows with fish hooks through our lips. To make matters worse a big bass was trying very hard to swallow us whole while us poor minnows danced around on the fishing line trying not to get eaten! (the definition of stress) Good thing the Magus cast improved invisibility on himself before we dimension doored in there and was able to recall Dim Door to get the War Priest out of there or it would have been game over for Alan's guy. Yeah, Overland flight all the time from now on - won't make that mistake again and I can cast it on the Ranger and the War Priest Too if needed using spell recal for 3 Magus Arcana points! (and now we are all supers) Idea

Last edited by Iguana on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: