RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Giantslayer Saturday 2/4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Giantslayer Saturday 2/4
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
We should get some minnows and go fish the Powhatan Lakes for Crappie soon since they usually bite this time of year - they have a fishing pier or two with Christmas trees thrown in the water right off of them. Crappie fish structure is everywhere in those two lakes so the crappie are all over the place but mostly at the christmas tree brush piles (no kidding). Look it up at VA Dept of Game and Inland Fisheries here:

https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/waterbody/powhatan-lakes/

If you have a VA fishing license you don't need to buy an access permit. It has a pier with the brush piles right off of it so you can catch crappie off the pier in deeper water without having to go out in a boat so it's family friendly and it's not too far away (right accross 522 to Powhatan near Maidens landing right accross the bridge from the Goochland County Courthouse). Who's up for it? Let's go fishing!

Probably going to upgrade to a Kayak for this spring soon as well so I can get out in the James and stuff - more on that later. Idea Twisted Evil

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!

Last edited by Iguana on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Something would have to give until after the first weekend in March. After that, yeah, you bet!

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Something would have to give until after the first weekend in March. After that, yeah, you bet!

The fishing will only get better as things heat up so March will work. We should do it - it's the easy button for crappie fishing around here (seriously like 1/2 hour away and no boat hassle). Idea

Jeff, you in? Jim? Question

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
There are also three ponds out there if you'd rather fish a smaller body of water for bass and briem and stuff off of the banks (also family friendly):

https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/waterbody/powhatan-ponds/

All within the Powhatan Wildlife Management area off of 522. I think one or two of the ponds have black crappie but not nearly the numbers or the size of the ones found in the lakes from what I've read.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Tony, any word on this weekend?
Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay. Game on this Sat then break for a couple of weeks. 8:30, ill put a post up in the am.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: