Winter's Crown 5th Ed Campaign
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Winter's Crown 5th Ed Campaign
Vimlareon

Post Winter's Crown 5th Ed Campaign Reply with quote
Sup battlebuddies.

It's been awhile, and I hope everyone is doing well. I just want to say that I greatly miss everyone here and hope that everything is going well both in real life and in the fantasy worlds therein. But more importantly I really want to share with you guys what I have been up to recently. And if it's not too much trouble or if peeps don't mind I'd like to share the games I've been running in this home-made campaign.
I've also kinda figured that I need a good library for the campaign. Facebook is great, but it does not last forever. I've only noticed because the campaign notes from the games I ran 2 years ago are now hard to find, sometimes not even showing up. So it's good to have a backup.

"Listen Vimlareon. It's a large world out there, and I taught you all I know. If you wish to learn more about magic, there is no better teacher than experience itself. May your quest to become an archmage be fulfilled."
Mirillium, Vim's master
Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
I would love to hear about your adventures.
Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:03 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Welcome back! Good to hear you're doing well and hopefully adjusting to work, school, marriage, etc. By all means, use this forum for your games man. That's why I pay for it!

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
Cool well first things first, the character cast.

DM - Johnathan
------------------------
Lia Amakiir (winged elf sorcerer) - Logan

Sir Siberius (human fighter) - Anonymous

Fizz (triton paladin) - Ryan

Ogdar (goliath paladin) - NPC Johnathan

Dawn (goliath barbarian) - Niko

Penembra (elf rogue) - Edward

Meep (human monk) - Anonymous

(These are current characters that are alive, others that have been killed in the game are not recorded here)
The following backgrounds were written by the players themselves.

"Listen Vimlareon. It's a large world out there, and I taught you all I know. If you wish to learn more about magic, there is no better teacher than experience itself. May your quest to become an archmage be fulfilled."
Mirillium, Vim's master

Last edited by Vimlareon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote

Lia Amakiir Backstory

As a young child Lia was always happy and joyful child. Until one fateful day when her hometown was under attack. While the fighting was going on, someone attacked Lia and her wings were damaged in a way she can’t use them. Through all the bloodshed, Lia was able to run away with the help of an Elf baker who helps her to the neighboring town, Featherfield. He takes Lia to a church to be safe. Since her mother was a Sorcerer and most and her father was a faithful cleric. Lia choose to study both the cleric and sorcerer in memory of her parents. She also wants to find a way to heal her wings but, in the mean time she keeps them covered with her cloak. As she has lived in the church, she asked father Caleb, a dragon born cleric, is he can teach her the dragonic language. She only has one best friend that she can rely on and her name it Nala. Lia’s main job at the church was to buy the food form the markets along with buying other things that she needed. Even though she have seen many sister and fathers past she doesn’t like when those she loves die and moves on to the phase. She is very passionate with her studies to understand very thing she to know

Mirillium, Vim's master
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote

Ogdar's backstory

Many goliath warriors in the Realms are nordic, barbarian folk who roam the mountain side. Free, proud, and fierce. However, there is one place, where this tradition is broken, a subterrain castle known as Thunder Keep. It is here, a group of proud goliaths learn the power of gods, kings, and honor. It is a bastion of strength and justice, and for Ogdar, it was home. Powered by the will of Torm, Ogdar was trained in the stone halls as a paladin. Soon after his training, an ambassador from the Order of the Gauntlet came to Thunder Keep, to negotiate a partnership. Both had the same ideals, and soon Thunder Keep became a place for the Order. Ogdar joined the Order on crusades against evil, and proved himself an impressive warrior of good and law. He stood strong against orc invasions in the North, and purged dark dens of evil with the help of the Order and Torm on his side. Ogdar was given a title by the Order and the Keep, the "Eirosh Nok", it is giant for Sacred Hammer, a title given to the most powerful of paladins. Ogdar settled in Featherfields, his title earned him land, and he wanted to protect the simple fishing village, keeping it's peace and innocence. Now captured by pirates, in a city of cruel leaders, Ogdar now does whatever it takes to protect the innocent prisoners from doom.

Mirillium, Vim's master
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote

Sir Siberius Drakequill's backstory

Siberius Drakequill served under a minor noble house of the Featherfield region as a librarian and adviser for most of his years, reading and daydreaming of adventure. Occasionally, he would dabble in the mystic arts, but the affairs of court and the rigors of the bookkeeper's trade never allowed for any great study.
When war loomed on the horizon Siberius decided it was time to make childhood fancies reality, and so volunteered his service to the defense of the realm. His time in the army was short, but in that spanse he received both arcane and martial training and was inducted into an order of eldritch knights; The Brotherhood of The Bookwyrm.
Before he could complete his mageknightly training and fully face the horrors of war, he saw much that would have turned his already peppered hair white. Mercifully, just as his regiment was poised for yet another grim midnight attack, the legions of undead that plagued the realm suddenly dispersed and fell back. The onslaught had seemingly been paused, or perhaps even brought at last to an end by some unknown heroes.
Thankful that he did not have to face such foes any longer, Sir Siberius returned home with his hopes held high. Upon his arrival he found his lords keep in smouldering ruins and his library all but cold ash, the village overrun with Luskan raiders. Though he fought valiantly and potentially saved many, he was eventually captured and stripped of all his worldly possessions - including a one of a kind, beautifully illuminated manuscript filled with information on surviving in the face of monsters and mystery.
Now Siberius wanders the land in search of a safe haven for those stolen from their homes in the Sword Coast, lead on by a strange woman who speaks of a strange destiny. Though he seeks the adventures he craved long ago, he'd like nothing better than a chair in front of a fire, a few good books, and a fat friendly cat curled up in his lap.
Heroes are often thrust into legend against their will. Siberius has the chance at last to write his own tail, whether he truly wants to or not.

Mirillium, Vim's master
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote

Fizz's Background

Centuries ago, an ancient water-dwelling race built a hidden city beneath a mountain in the sea. Though these creatures had their enemies, the city was an impenetrable fortress, and, in the safety it provided, they grew complacent. Fizz, a king's guard and best friend to the prince, harbored a curious spirit that could not be satisfied living so cushioned a life. Unable to resist the allure of danger, Fizz had a habit of sneaking out of the city to look for trouble. In his many adventures he grew to be a powerful fighter with a keen resourcefulness that let him skirt danger with clever ease. One day, Fizz returned to find the city under attack! As the city was laid under siege by fish abominations, the prince of the sea gave Fizz a fossilized coral crown which holds much authority and power in this plane. Fizz had to run away with the crown as it must not be in the hands of the enemy. Fizz swam away as fast as he could, but the enemy was gaining on him. In a self sacrifice moment, Fizz threw himself into a deep drain that no one could come back from. The drain was actually a portal to the Sea of Swords, where he was caught in a fishing net and dragged to Featherfields. For years Fizz spent time with the fishers, learning their ways and labored as a master fisherman, until the day the Luskanites attacked. Fizz fought heroically with Ogdar, cutting down the invaders, until both of them fell in battle. The crown Fizz was responsible for was lost!

Mirillium, Vim's master
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Winter's Crown, Chapter I, Unwelcoming Reply with quote
Our journey begins, not in a peaceful place, but rather as spoils of war on a Luskan cargo ship.
The party, all friends from a coastal village of Featherfields, lived simple lives of farming, fishing, praying and training, until a fateful pirate raid. Thugs pillaged the town, the people of Featherfields fought back but only few survived the invasion. The party, now chained, face their end at the hands of the pirates. The ship ported into Luskan, and the party was pushed to the central area of the docks, where a woman dressed in captain clothing waited for something. The crew presented her a chest, she openly ordered "to have it locked, trapped, and guarded in her inner sanctum." The captain soon looked to the party, unsure what to do with them. The law of the land would not look kindly on Luskan for raiding a village on the Sword Coast region, so she was about to order their death until, a stranger appeared. The stranger was a woman, a monk of a long lost order, she demanded the party to be handed to her, as Fate has brought them here to her. The party had to prove themselves to Fate and to the captain they are worthy of freedom. If not, the crew could have their ways with the monk woman! A desperate battle between the poorly equipped prisoners and the pirates raged on! The party killed their attackers, and looked to the pirate captain. She granted them freedom, but limited at best. "You are safe within my city. BUT in order to leave you will have to speak to one of my ships' captains for a vessel. My men will kill you if you leave any other way.Consider yourselves in debt to Luskan for the mates you killed today, a debt that must be due!"
The group follows their new friend, who introduces herself as Emer, a monk who walks the path of Fate. The party retreats to The Lonely Lighthouse, a tavern off of Dragon Breath beach, to discuss a plan of escaping the city.

The woman who came for the party at the dock is Emer, a strong woman with a deep and wise voice. She is monk trained to walk the path of Fate. She has plans for the party. She says she cannot tell the party her plans until after they escape the city, she fears the Hosttower or spies of the Pirate Lords will listen, and she has news that can change the North. The party right now is suspicious of the mysterious woman, not knowing to trust her or not.

The Lonely Lighthouse, is a tavern open for travelers and sailors entering Luskan. It was an old lighthouse, now converted to one of the most crowded tavern in the city. It is here the party discuss ways to get away from this hostile city and go to the North. However, one the party members insists to venture south, back to Featherfields. There are many options right now on how to do things, and where to go. Home is destroyed, and the prisoners are trapped. They don't have the 60 gold to hire a vessel, and they are poorly equipped to fight the pirates out of the city outright. Careful planning is required here.

The captain the party met was none other than Captain Suljack, a deadly and ambitious pirate. She appears to want something, something powerful. Unfortunately Featherfields was the extent of her ambition, an item was hidden there, an item of power that is now hers.
"I want it locked, trapped and guarded." was what she said of the chest presented to her. You can only imagine what it could be.

Mirillium, Vim's master

Last edited by Vimlareon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:23 am View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Winter's Crown, Chapter II, Friend or Foe Reply with quote
After spending time at the Lighthouse tavern, the party discuss the next plan of action. Emer, the monk, suggests to sneak past the guards while they change shifts. Lia and Siberius, the winged elf and the knight, had honest work cross their minds, so they can rent a vessel to escape Luskan. The group ended up choosing to take the dangerous rout, to go down into the sewers and into the undercity buried under Luskan, through there, a passage out of Luskan.
Siberius asks around, and finds someone who might know how to enter somewhere deeper than the sewers. An old and abandoned section of the sewer, that is out of use and outdated, known as Rats Pass. However, no one goes down there. It has become a home for gangs, and monsters.
Trekking through sludge and filth, the muck is knee deep. The party go though dark corridors, infested with rats. And giant rats! The party also find a corpses down in the dark, it appeared to have been killed by fear. The group encounters Bad Rat thugs, in a chamber with stolen goods. Lia conjures her magic, as Ogdar ripped through many gang members, and Siberius tally ho and away, with dashing swordplay against the gang. Emer also proved herself in a fight, remaining silent vocally, but very quick with her attacks. After the thugs attacked, a terrible creature hunts the party, a mutated huge rat! It swam to the party and let out a terrifying screech, with many rows of teeth! It was the group's first tough fight. Siberius held his halberd firmly, mounted it to the ground as the beast came for a deadly bite! It was a team effort.
The party found a strange guide, and he led the party further into the sewer, until they find a slanted sewer pipe the size of a house. This was a waste pipe the Hosttower used to dispose deadly experimental acid. The party crawled through, and down into the darkness!

Mirillium, Vim's master

Last edited by Vimlareon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
Hmm.. these are the smallest images I can find. I'll come back and edit them down to size. Also would be nice to show you the actual gaming table as I have impressed many with my displays.

Mirillium, Vim's master
Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:51 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wow, nice work on this thread Jonathan.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:28 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vimlareon

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Wow, nice work on this thread Jonathan.

Thanks, there are a total right now of 20 chapters, each one more and more descriptive as the campaign keeps going (because they keep finding important things that unravels the story)

Ended up getting a photobucket account just so I can show you some of the displays on the table and resize the crap out of some pics.

Mirillium, Vim's master
Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post Winter's Crown, Chapter III, Into the Deeps Reply with quote
Sliding down the massive tube that was created by experimental acid from the Hosttower, the party find themselves miles underground and in the Underdark. The tunnels are moist, with distant sounds of running water and many drips echo in the caves. What appeared to be a dead end was a great boulder, the strong paladins push it aside, and behold a chamber of a skum encampment. They screech and attack, and the party jumps down from their high view to the battle 10 ft below them. Lia cast her spells, almost blinding the party with her wild magic, Siberius makes use of his polearm, as Fizz and Ogdar brutally take down the fish-like creatures. The 11 year old Meep (a human monk) moves with super-human speed. After the battle, they find strange items in the tents, along with weapons and gear.
There was a passage way, a tight and narrow passage leading down. The party squeeze through, Fizz staying near Emer, feeling the need to protect her, with Meep in the lead, helping Ogdar get by. Lia folding her wings close. After encountering skum alchemists and war leaders, the party press on until they see a wonderous sight.
A vast city, with a cave ceiling 100 ft above even the tallest temple, stretches out a great city, buried by rubble, shoved down under the ocean floor, and lost to time. Distant waterfalls can be heard, with the sound of running water... and savage battle coming from somewhere distant but within the ruined city. The party venture on, glowing fungus seems to help light the area.
The party comes to a half buried temple, there are muffled sounds within. The party charges inside, sahuagin creatures have made a standing here. A battle inside the temple was joined! Emer and Meep dashing in first, followed by Ogdar, Fizz, Siberius and Lia magic blazing! The sahuagin carried spears and blades made from shark bone, their weapons clashed with lance and halberd, until finally the party triumphed. Fizz put the bodies of the fallen on the alter of the temple, which now was identified as the temple to Tempus, the god of battle. Fizz offered the corpses to Tempus, and he and Siberius prayed, and Tempus was pleased. (game terms, the two characters gained +1 Str as a boon from the god of battle.)
A pool was found, that lead down tunnels underwater, Fizz jumps in, able to breathe water as well as air, takes point as a scout. The tunnels lead down, then back up into a street corner, where a arcane piller was found, along with a shop still in tact. The party fully equips themselves for the journey ahead...

Mirillium, Vim's master
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Vimlareon

Post NEW SPELL: Life Armor Reply with quote
As the party go forth and adventure they find new spells along the way, spells that were either newly created by a powerful wizard or lost to time. The one featured is Life Armor, a nearly forgotten spell, and perhaps the ONLY arcane spell that "heals".

Life Armor
1st lvl necromancy
casting time: 1 action
range: touch
V, S, M (a tooth or a piece of shell)
duration: concentration up to 30 mins

A suit of ghostly bone armor appears covering the willing creature. The creature inside the armor restores 2d4+1 hp. In addition the creatures base AC becomes 13+1 until the spell ends.
Higher Lvls: When you cast this spell at 2nd lvl or higher, increase the hp regain by +1 for each lvl above 1st.

Mirillium, Vim's master
Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:45 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: