RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Hommlet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Hommlet
ladyrogue

Post Hommlet Reply with quote
Hey just wondering about the next time we were playing. We are open to it this weekend. Just let us know.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Things are very complicated right now, so it might be end of April by the time I can start up again. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ladyrogue

Post Reply with quote
Completely understand. Looking forward to starting up again.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
ladyrogue

Post Reply with quote
Hey there just checking to see when we were thinking of restarting. I'll be done with the school as of next Tuesday.
Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I've offered the idea to Tobin of going back to a Sunday afternoon game as we originally did back several years ago when he and I first met. I have time for one game on Fri/Sat night and typically reserve the other for gigs and family. Do Sundays work for you all?

Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tobin

Post Reply with quote
Here are my thoughts. I'm afraid Sunday afternoon is generally no good as we often do things that take up most of the day either Sat or Sun or both. Sunday evening may work on an occasional basis, though it is not really very appealing. Friday night remains best for us by a big margin. I see three basic options to get everyone playing again:

(1) while I understand your concern, Tony, that PF works better for smaller groups, it may yet be possible, and the best option, to expand that group (thus once a week for everyone, which, I am guessing, everyone, GM and players alike, would prefer).

(2) perhaps it would be possible to alternate week to week with the other group (thus alternating weeks for players, once a week for GM).

(3) maybe both groups combined could play one game one Friday and a smaller group another game the next Friday.

For my part, I would like to make clear that Leslie and I would prefer to play once each week. We are willing to play every other week if need be. For some time now it has, unfortunately, been none. Sad It seems to me that one of the options I outline above can get everyone playing again soon, and I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Tue May 23, 2017 5:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for posting Tobin.

1) I'm not going to run the Pathfinder Adventure Path with 8 people. It's just not something that I want to do.

2) The smaller group is my regular game. Dan C, myself and Jim R have been gaming together pretty much since I moved here. It's a small Pathfinder-centric group and since we do adventure paths for the most part, really needs to be weekly or close to it.

3) Reserving Fridays for Couple's RPG Night is probably the best solution. Going back to Fridays with the 2 couples and that's it I suppose. We can't start until 8:30 since Tobin has a Friday evening commitment (I'm assuming this is carved in stone and can't be moved). I'm not sure whether or not this works for Chris and Mel and their little girl. That's quite late to take a baby out at night, but I'll let them make that decision. It's a bit too late for my kids to play (at least Clare) so they wouldn't be available.

We've take quite a bit of a break due to my other creative pursuits and the arrival of the baby. I'll be happy to get back to a once-a-week schedule if we can find a day of the week that works (realistically, Friday I imagine). It may be that Friday is the only day. I'm pretty certain that the PF group wants to remain on Saturday nights, but I'll see if there is any wiggle room.

For now, Chris, Mel, what do you think about Fridays at 8:30? Is that even possible?

Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tobin

Post Reply with quote
Ok, I understand your position. Friday night so far seems the best option for our game. My Friday night aikido class runs 6-8, so start at 8:30 is about the earliest feasible for us. As I mentioned before, we could do weekly or every other week as need be. And, of course, as you point out, it will depend on whether that works for Chris, Mel and their daughter.
Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Alright then, we'll shoot for this Friday even though I'm not certain if the Wimble's are available. I think Connor can play, maybe Liam as well so that gives us a reasonable-sized table.

Since it's been so long since we played, and having completed the village of Hommlet, I'm inclined to reboot, possibly even try my hand at 5E. It may even be possible for Jeff to start DMing us and turn it over to me. I'm not sure at this point to be honest, still mulling things over. Honestly, I'm not all that enthused with the ToE so I'll see if I can't find something to get me inspired. An inspired DM is a far better DM tbh.

I can commit to the next 3 Fridays, then, unfortunately, we'll get into vacation time again. The good news is that, for the most part, the Mullins clan will be in RVA for most of the summer this year. The kids vetoed any long camping trips for this summer so we'll go to the beach for a week, then go to TN to visit family for a week. So, 2 hiccups, but otherwise the Friday night summer campaign should roll. I hope that can work for your schedule Tobin. I'll text Melissa and see if she can mull this over and get me some feedback today.

Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
Alright then, we'll shoot for this Friday even though I'm not certain if the Wimble's are available. I think Connor can play, maybe Liam as well so that gives us a reasonable-sized table.

Since it's been so long since we played, and having completed the village of Hommlet, I'm inclined to reboot, possibly even try my hand at 5E. It may even be possible for Jeff to start DMing us and turn it over to me. I'm not sure at this point to be honest, still mulling things over. Honestly, I'm not all that enthused with the ToE so I'll see if I can't find something to get me inspired. An inspired DM is a far better DM tbh.

I can commit to the next 3 Fridays, then, unfortunately, we'll get into vacation time again. The good news is that, for the most part, the Mullins clan will be in RVA for most of the summer this year. The kids vetoed any long camping trips for this summer so we'll go to the beach for a week, then go to TN to visit family for a week. So, 2 hiccups, but otherwise the Friday night summer campaign should roll. I hope that can work for your schedule Tobin. I'll text Melissa and see if she can mull this over and get me some feedback today.

Tony, I would have no problem jump starting a 5e campaign in the short term if you want. Just let me know and we can sort out the details.
Wed May 24, 2017 1:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That is awesome Jeff and it might actually be loads of fun doing that. Do you have the new Tales from Yawning Portal? It has some classic D&D adventures from days-gone-by and the first one is the classic 3.0 Sunless Citadel (one of my favorites). Forge of Fury is also included and if you recall, those are the first 2 adventures in the Original Adventure Path. I bet you played those, but I'm also betting that Tobin and Leslie did not. I know my kids have not either. Not sure about Mel and Chris. Offhand, I wonder how hard 3.X is to convert to 5E.

Wed May 24, 2017 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tobin

Post Reply with quote
That sounds like a good plan. It would be fun to try 5e and see how it is, though I don't have the books - may get them if we plan to play it regularly. We are open to play whatever setting is convenient; I would even be willing to brush off my rusty DMing skills and campaign setting (I did a fair bit with them back in the 90s). The game I have been writing is progressing slowly but surely, and I would enjoy play-testing it in a few months as well. We'll be travelling some this summer too, not sure the dates yet. Certainly understand that life gets in the way of hobbies (as it should). Smile I do hope that Chris and Mel are able to come though understand they may not be able to. Will keep an eye here for updates.
Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
At present, it will be Tobin, Leslie, my 3 kids and hopefully, the Wimbles. If they need to wait a few more weeks or months before jumping in, I'm pretty sure that Alan and Jeff can tag in again. It'll be a big group. Time frame for play will be from 8:30-12:00 with Clare bowing out at 11:00.

Wed May 24, 2017 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
That is awesome Jeff and it might actually be loads of fun doing that. Do you have the new Tales from Yawning Portal? It has some classic D&D adventures from days-gone-by and the first one is the classic 3.0 Sunless Citadel (one of my favorites). Forge of Fury is also included and if you recall, those are the first 2 adventures in the Original Adventure Path. I bet you played those, but I'm also betting that Tobin and Leslie did not. I know my kids have not either. Not sure about Mel and Chris. Offhand, I wonder how hard 3.X is to convert to 5E.

I do have Tales from the Yawning Portal and I can start those adventures if that is what you want. If you want to start this week I would need to know ASAP as I am prepping for multiple games now.
Wed May 24, 2017 5:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, I'll come to some sort of decision tonight and you'd not need to prep it, but rather be here to help me with combat, etc., etc.

How difficult is it to convert stuff from 3.X to 5e? Have you tried it yet?

Wed May 24, 2017 5:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: