RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
8 is fine...Thursday is a day off from the gym. We will play even if its just you two.
Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'll drop Bill R & Imholte a mssg on FB, maybe they might want to join for a few sessions.

Tue May 16, 2017 6:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
scadgrad wrote:
I'll drop Bill R & Imholte a mssg on FB, maybe they might want to join for a few sessions.

I doubt Tony can play since he is in my normally scheduled Thursday night game and a Sunday game but both are of course welcome. 5e can easily support 6 players.
Wed May 17, 2017 11:23 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Fandruhl's inner monologue wrote:
Gnomes can occasionally be trustworthy creatures I suppose. Lacking any other options other than living off the land, I suppose I will see this Lazarum Mogorum person at the Emberstone Consortium and see if my services might be desirable to his endeavors. Surely I wouldn't have to commit to more than a couple of seasons of service. I should, by that time, have finished with most of my mapping of the immediate vicinity. I could make myself a longbow given time, but smiting new armor and a sword would take ages and I'm simply more inclined to barter my time with this "militia" for replacements. I'll ask this grubby little person for directions in the common tongue.

Wed May 17, 2017 11:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Gimbel's inner monologue wrote:
I really hope this flyer works, Lazarum and the Consortium have taken on more than they can chew of late and the Iron League is making advances into Jappur again. We were lucky last time but next time we might not be...oh wait this fellow looks interesting

With a wide smile Gimbel addresses Fandruhl...

Gimbel's says wrote:
Greetings Elf, are you interested in joining the militia? We are looking for hardy folk to help protect Jappur and its interests.
The Consortium pays very well for those with special talents and your appearance aside you have the look of someone with such talents.

Wed May 17, 2017 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
here is a link to a map I just made for the Adventure.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-DGZEhoXwDtUVUxXzRBZW5IUkU

Last edited by Overdog on Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Pretty cool map man, what did you use to create it?

Fandruhl wrote:
Just so. I am in need of a few items to replace those that were stolen from me. This seems a reasonable method of bartering for them if I am given to understand the customs of trade in this town. If your Master would accept my labors for a period of 2 seasons, well, I would be happy to do so. Where and how do I begin?

Wed May 17, 2017 5:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Thanks. Here is the link. Its pretty easy but takes a little finesse but there are several videos on it.

http://inkarnate.com/users/sign_in#/new
Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Gimbel's says wrote:
I think we can accommodate you friend. Interviews and assignments take place at the Ellond Estate in the center of town. You cant miss it, it looks like a fortified compound. Take this voucher and present it to the guards at the gate and they will take it from there. As he turns you see a tiny clockwork man sitting in a pouch in his backpack that waves goodbye to you as he leaves.

Last edited by Overdog on Wed May 17, 2017 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 17, 2017 6:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
@Dan...here is a background I wrote for you.

Balthazar was born to a poor family in the Kyngdom of Karnish in the city of Guleigh. Guleigh: (pop. 55,000) sometimes called the second city of Karnish, it serves as the major port to The Grey Sea and enjoys the huge wealth that pours into it from The Gold Coast. It is very similar to The City of Karnish, dominated by a large port and the merchants that pass through it. It is also a warren of roads and alleys with the stone and wooden houses packed densely together, bringing with it disease, illness and vermin. A lot of traffic passes to and from the City of Karnish, via The East Karnish Road, so relations between the two cities tends be good. It is also home to some powerful individuals and criminal organizations, whose influence is said to spread as far as The Gold Coast.

Balthazar grew up the son of dock worker and when his father died in an accident his mother could not support the family so Balthazar did his civic duty and volunteered in the Karnish army so his family would get some financial relief. When Karnish citizens volunteered this way all of their wages for their 10 years of service were funneled to their family. When Balthazar joined he had hopes of being trained as a Warmage and getting assigned to one of the 7 Legions, the core military force of Karnish. Instead he was put in the Gloom Riders, a company of misfits that were outriders that scouted the contested border between Karnish and their warlike neighbors to the East in Hithanon. Hithanon is ruled by a god in the flesh, Hith. Hith's following are nearly always thoroughly evil, with orcs, ogres and evil giants all finding a place in their hearts for this foul master. He is also the Lord of Snakes and, as such, attracts the many snake cults that can be found throughout Arrasia. Hith was once a mortal wizard who drank from the Fountain of the Immortals and was twisted into the reptilian god that he is today.

The Gloom Riders had a 75% mortality rate within the first year and Balthazar was sure he would die and become a statistic but when a new recruit started rising through the ranks and quickly became the Sergeant of company all of a sudden their mortality rate plummeted drastically. Within a short time the company became of the most famous (or infamous) military units outside of the 7 Legions. They were so successful that Karnish privatized them and sold their services out to other nations to help fight their wars. Over the next 5 years Balthazar had traveled to and fought in a half a dozen nation’s wars and earned enough gold to muster out early. When he did his Sergeant, whom everyone called Xeerlinn, told him that he was planning something outside of the military and was going to muster out himself very soon and asked if Balthazar would be interested in joining him. Balthazar readily agreed and within a year they were working undercover as Militia in the city of Jappur in a far away land called the League of Ordwyn where civil unrest and other forces were moving to destabilize the region.

Last edited by Overdog on Wed May 17, 2017 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wed May 17, 2017 6:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Notes on Jappur:

Jappur: (pop: 3,000) Close to the southern extremities of the League of Ordwyn, Jappur is well defended against the many enemies that are constantly set against them, with a stone wooden palisade, around which is a deep moat line with rusty spikes and the bones of fallen enemies. Entry into Jappur is across the drawbridge and under a portcullis, which are housed by an impressive stone gatehouse. The buildings of Jappur are well spread out, with the outskirts dominated by small farms. The center of Jappur is denser, though still open, with wide roads lined with trees. The roads themselves are among the best in the League, build by masterful stone artisans paid for by the first ruler of Jappur, the Merchant King Rathsus Ellond.

Recent unrest in the city was quelled by machinations of the Emberstone Consortium, a benign collaboration of merchants and businessmen and women who sponsored several groups of adventurers to deal with the chaos that ensued after Rathsus's assassination. Soon after the Consortium infused the economy with a large sum of gold and the city was revitalized and tourism is at an all time high. The Consortium also sponsors the local militia who keep the peace and defend the town from harm.

Last edited by Overdog on Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
Very nice! See y'all tomorrow. Will probably be playing a human wizard or an eldritch Knight or something. Evil or Very Mad Cool Twisted Evil

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhollo

Post Reply with quote
Will not be able to make it tonight. Have an early morning meeting at the beach on Friday and need my beauty sleep.

“if you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm…”
Thu May 18, 2017 7:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Rhollo wrote:
Will not be able to make it tonight. Have an early morning meeting at the beach on Friday and need my beauty sleep.

Sorry to hear that Jim. Did you have any thoughts on what you might want to play?

Last edited by Overdog on Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@ Jim,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at our advanced age, beauty sleep doesn't really exist. LOL

Safe trip man and we'll see you next week.

Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: