RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs View previous topic
View next topic
Jeff's Summer 5E Run
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
@Tony...I think everyone got their shit handed to them by the elves. This fight was meant to be a deadly encounter and it definitely panned out that way.

You all will need to decide if you take a long rest at this point. Most if not all of you spent your resources fighting the duo. You are unsure what lies beyond the mine's secret entrance and what fate awakes Estelle. You should also think about the repercussions of killing Lord Elmardrin's children and claiming those blades as they are very distinctive and are hereditary heirlooms of his family. Kisada knows that Elmardrin is an extremely powerful wizard, probably one the premier wizards in The League of Ordwyn, but he has seemed withdrawn and not himself for sometime. Actually ever since he and his half-brother, Kelthas, had a falling out about 10 years ago and Kelthas left the House of Stone suddenly. Kelthas is a half-elf but nonetheless Elmardrin and he were very close. Elmardrin has always been stern with you but fair so the actions of his progeny seems out of place. Could his demeanor be a ruse or were the duo acting alone. All things to consider carefully before your return to Japuur...if you return. Muahahaha!!!!

Last edited by Overdog on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message
XCoconutmonkey06X

Post Reply with quote
The gamer in me says we should take a long rest before we push on but Kisada would probably take no more than a short rest. We don't know what the goblins plan to do with her but we can bet it will be unsavory.

Also, we don't have much proof to prove that the twins were in league with the goblins. I mean, we "know" they are/were but if pressed, I am not sure how we can prove it outside that their weapons match the wounds on the guards? Which could easily be taken as coincidental. Before we move on, we should probably search their bodies a little more and see if they hold any sort of orders or messages. We need something to link them to the Red Hand.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
XCoconutmonkey06X wrote:
The gamer in me says we should take a long rest before we push on but Kisada would probably take no more than a short rest. We don't know what the goblins plan to do with her but we can bet it will be unsavory.

Also, we don't have much proof to prove that the twins were in league with the goblins. I mean, we "know" they are/were but if pressed, I am not sure how we can prove it outside that their weapons match the wounds on the guards? Which could easily be taken as coincidental. Before we move on, we should probably search their bodies a little more and see if they hold any sort of orders or messages. We need something to link them to the Red Hand.

You have no proof actually...just your word as green militia members. Your actions, although seemingly justified, could have serious repercussions. Something else to think about.
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
I second the loooong rest. I'll make sure to swap in healing word too since I somehow forgot that one last time.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Session Summary.

After much deliberation the party decided to take a short rest and Balthazar is put in charge. This meant that Fandruul got his wildshapes back and Balthazar got 2 first level spells back. The party stealthily approached the rock face where they saw the goblins take Estelle. The entrance was hidden but a few good investigation/perceptions later the party finds a hidden latch that opens a rock door into a master crafted stone stair leading down into the mountain. The stairs lead down to a relatively unadorned room save for 4 burning sconces in the middle of the room and 3 other passages leading off of the room. Fandruul bravely enters the room only to fall into a pit trap and is swarmed by .... well a swarm of rats. He quickly changes into a giant spider and climbs out of the trap as several goblins assault the party with short bows. 2 Orcs join the fray and all the enemies are slain with little damage to the group and they capture a pitiful goblin named "Splurg". Splurg thinks Rosco is his new master and agrees to lead them to a prison where they hold captives. As they enter the prison they see instruments of torture everywhere and they see several Orcs and Goblins arrayed about the room. Balthazar orders Bosco to cut Splurg's throat which he does before entering the room. Roderick runs up near the cells and engages 2 goblins and as he does a Bugbear torturer stealths out of one of the cells adorned in a suit of bloody studded leather that is laden with instruments of torture. Unfortunately for Roderick the Bugbear critically hits Roderick and drops him in one shot doing 32 damage. The rest of the party surges in and starts battling the remaining Orcs, Goblins and the Bugbear. Fandruul's spider form takes enough damage to revert him back to his elf form and he immediately turns into a Giant Hyena and rampages the Orcs and Goblins. In the meantime Roderick critically fails his first death roll and is one roll away from death. Bosco runs to try and aid him and Balthazar orders him to kill the Bugbear instead. Roderick fails his last death save but Bosco (Jim) gives him a reroll with his inspiration and he makes it. On the Bugbear's turn he orders the Goblins to kill their downed friend (Roderick) unless they leave. Bathazar orders the party to fight on and the Goblins finish off Roderick with an arrow to the head. They fell all the orcs and the goblins and finally the Bugbear falls to a Poison Spray to the face from Bosco. Thinking everything is OK the party is surprised as the Bugbears armor stitches together the Bugbears wounds and he rises up and one shots Bosco. A round later he is knocked out and his head is ripped off by the Giant Hyena.

In the cells they find two people; Estelle and a High Elf who is missing part of his arm. They flee the mines and ride an hour away and rest. After they rest they talk to Estelle and she corroborates the story of her being abducted but is unaware of her families fate until Balthazar tells her. She has no idea why she was allowed to live or why her family was attacked. Another mystery. Even though he received no aid from the party the Elf regains consciousness and tells them that he is a scout of Elmardrin High Stone and was with Filvendor and Shalendra but got into a disagreement with Filvendor but speaks nothing of what it was about. He was then knocked unconscious by the elf and woke up in the cell being tortured. His story rings true and the party believes him. He is terrified of the party after seeing Filvendor and Shalendra's blades on Bosco's weapon belt and they tell them they killed the Elves. He is horrified and asks for a horse so he can return to High Stone so he can tell Elmardrin of the fate of his children. Balthazar is loath to let him go but realizes he has no authority to hold him and they give him a horse and a weapon and let him go. As he is leaving Bosco gives him back the Blades of Nemezark and he thanks them and tells them he will tell Elmardrin that they saved his life and willingly gave him the blades to return to Elmardrin.

They head home to Jappur with Estelle in tow uncertain how events will unfold when they get there. Will they be hailed as heroes or thrown in the stockades for the murder of Filvendor and Shalendra.

Last edited by Overdog on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
So Tony M is out for the next two weeks so I will leave it up to you all if you want to play. He said he was fine with us playing without him but I personally dont want him to miss more than 1. Just let me know. If we do skip a Saturday it will be this upcoming one.
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
XCoconutmonkey06X

Post Reply with quote
Goodbye, sweet swords!

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan

Post Reply with quote
if only we had our monk!
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bass BB

Post Reply with quote
Hey guys I'm out the next 2 weeks as well Sad

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
Bass BB wrote:
Hey guys I'm out the next 2 weeks as well Sad

Ok, then it only makes sense to hold off until the 1st and the 1st is tentative for me.
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:53 am View user's profile Send private message
XCoconutmonkey06X

Post Reply with quote
Alan wrote:
if only we had our monk!

Yea... Embarassed Embarassed My phone died and I had totally forgotten that we had a game scheduled.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:40 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
just a reminder we are not playing this Saturday or the next with Tony and Bill out of town.
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Iguana

Post Reply with quote
So is Saturday a go or what? (two weeks). Heading out of town this weekend on Friday to NOVA potentially all weekend so LMK if Saturday is a go or not. Iif not I'll just stay the weekend in DC/NOVA with my pal Steve. We are approaching July 4th so things could get a little crazy up there. LMK as I'm making holiday plans at this point but I could come back early for the Saturday 5e game if necessary if it's on. Dan Smile Twisted Evil Question Question Question

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Overdog

Post Reply with quote
This is on hold. I talked to Tony and the plan is to start Hells Rebels possibly the second week of July.
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:10 am View user's profile Send private message
scadgrad
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'll be back in RVA the weekend of 7/8 if Jeff would like to do one more session of 5E. We could conceivably kick off Hell's Rebels on one of the following two Saturdays (7/15 or 7/22).

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    battlebuddy.org Forum Index » RPGs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: